Kindle Fire

amit dutt

Broken In
hi guys !

I want to know that if Kindle Fire is Worth buying. i heard that it is dependent on Amazon services. I basically need device for heavy PDF reading, does it support office document viewer ? and does it support all the android Apps ?

thanks in advance.

casual_gamer

In the zone
i think fire is a tablet not a reading device like kindle which used e-ink for display. your eyes might get tired with reading on amazon's fire. so better to buy plain kindle for reading.

Kindle Fire - Full Color 7" Multi-Touch Display with Wi-Fi - More than a Tablet scroll down for comparison

sygeek

Technomancer
Yes, it supports Android apps. As far as the rumors suggest, it is based on Android 2.1, so you may have lesser app support. Also, Amazon doesn't promote any of the Google services at all. It is completely different than Android and doesn't offer you to use the Android Market directly.

Kindle Fire is more of a multimedia device built as a tablet around the idea of an ebook reader.

Personally, I'd suggest you go for the new Kindle Touch (WiFi) only for $109. Kindle Fire isn't even available for India yet, and will most probably be priced under $220.

Kindle Touch may support office documents though I'm not entirely sure. Google's your friend :)

OP
A

amit dutt

Broken In
ok. but still one of my friend said that it is dependend on amazon services.. and these services won't be available in India for any time soon... :(

so I am looking for some other tablet now.. I figured out HTC Flyer. i can get it from US. the only thing i m concerned is Does it Support phone calls?

can i use HTC Flyer as a phone ?

kindly suggest... thanks..

sygeek

Technomancer
ok. but still one of my friend said that it is dependend on amazon services.. and these services won't be available in India for any time soon... :(

so I am looking for some other tablet now.. I figured out HTC Flyer. i can get it from US. the only thing i m concerned is Does it Support phone calls?

can i use HTC Flyer as a phone ?

kindly suggest... thanks..
What kind of services are you talking about? Amazon store, Kindle ebooks or the new Silk browser.

You can still buy downloadable products from amazon, and also some of the products can be imported to India with an extra cost. The Kindle store is available everywhere. Although I doubt if Kindle Fire support will exist in India because of the new Silk browser.

Anyway, if you want a tablet, you may want to go for Samsung galaxy tab 7".

Top Bottom