Keyboard Problem, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijitroy

Broken In
Hi Guys,
Currently I am facing three difficult problems on my computer. The configuration of my computer is Gigabyte GA-8SMML motherboard, P-IV, 512 MB RAM, NVIDIA Display Card and 2 Hard Disks of Seagate (40MB & 80MB). I have Win XP SP2 (default OS), Win 98SE and PCQ Linux on C,E and on some free space of my computer. All these three OS' are on the older hard disk.
Following are the problems of my computer:
My keyboard is "Microsoft Internet Keyboard" connected by PS/2 plug. However the keyboard automatically installed on my computer is "Standard 101/102-key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 keyboard". Recently I downloaded the current driver of "Microsoft Internet Keyboard" and tried to instal the same. However, I couldn't install this and in the process the system became unbootable which I restored by the Last Best Known Configuration. However, after that some of the symbols are not getting typed by pressing the designated keys. For example, I get " by pressing shift+2, I get £ by pressing shift+3, I get ¬ by pressing shift+` and I get # by pressing back slash. I have Win 98 in a separate partition where all the keys are working fine.
As I mentioned above, I have two hard disks. The second hard disk of 80 GB capacity was installed recently. The older hard disk is of 40GB capacity and my OS reside upon the older one. Both of the hard disks has 4 partitions. When I attempt to scan all drives by Norton Antivirus 2005 my system gets hanged during scan of the new hard disk.
I have PCTV TV-tuner card on my computer on the same partition of Win XP (E drive). If I record a TV program on a separate drive on a separate disk then my system gets hanged immediately after the recording is started.
May anybody kindly suggest ways to solve my problems.

Abhijit Roy.

anupamsinha

Broken In
Hi Abhijit

The easier thing would be a reinstall.

Other way is as follows.

Try installing the keyboard drivers again. You can also try changing your keyboard type to US. Goto setting -> control panel -> Keyboard and set the type or setting (don't about Win XP) to US.

OP
A

abhijitroy

Broken In
Hi Anupam,
Thanks for posting reply. However, after setting -> control panel -> Keyboard I don't find any option for "type or setting" and my problem persists. Please help if u can.
Thank u.
Abhijit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom