keyboard not works on boot

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
i got my ps/2 keyboard with an intex office computer. I wanted to use it because it was very functional. But i had the problem mentioned above. This problem might be because HCL and intex and some other computers companies dont give a good ps/2 keyboard with their computers.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that could be the reason though never heard anything like this before .. thanks for sharing your expereence

Mine didnt work and it was quite old. About 3-4 yrs old. It was from a company called Netropa. The kyboard didnt even work after the windows 7 x64 had booted. the windows gave an error that keyboard driver wasnt installed. I installed it from an installation disk but the driver didnt work. I also searched the net for the driver but that driver also didnt work. the keyboard worked fine with win 7 x86 and win xp x86. Later i didnt try with any ps/2 to usb converter and bought a usb keyboard. Maybe cray.x has an old ps/2 keyboard too.

even my Logitech PS2 KB is 4 years old .. worked flawlessly without drivers with every OS I've used so far ;-) and the added software is just great to control some additional functions the KB has.

Top Bottom