Kernal panic -not syscing :fatal exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

laptops4u

Broken In
Hi all,
I am tring to install Linux RHEL 4 on my Intel p4 2.66 Mhz 1 gb ram 915 G/P/GV/910 GL processor M/B. (Onboard display & Lan card )
I tryed to install GUI and test mode installtion in both after installtion give me this Error <0> Fatal exception :panic in 5 seconds
Kernal panic -not syscing :fatal exception

Pls help i tryed serching net but not able to find any thing ..

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Laptop4u, Try with the options. Press F1, F2, this will display the parameters you
can pass to the Kernel like 'Safe Graphics mode', acpi=off etc., Also if you have
Graphics card remove it. After installation ,add your GC , install the drivers & configure it.
You can try Fedora Core 5 or Ubuntu 6.06, or Suse 10.1. These are very good
distros.

eddie

El mooooo
It is a known bug in kernel of RHEL4. Start the install procedure with "maxcpu=1" (without quotes) option.

OP
L

laptops4u

Broken In
Ok i tryed adding this command in the boot menu but it dint work.
i have a VMware sofware if try to boot from this software it works fine but dont work on real boot.May be this is a problem in boot loader ?

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Laptops4u, why you use RHEL 4 ? RHEL is meant for enterprise segment. You can
try Fedora, Ubuntu or Suse.

OP
L

laptops4u

Broken In
Hi Jguru,
I am using bcoz my office got a new licence copy and it has been installed one or two new IBM servers.
now i wana install on my desktop coz i wana learn linux and switch totaly to linux.
I have centos and susi 10.x i have allreday installed them. i know now bit of installtion.

pls help me in this coz i am newb to linux.
i have take a new hdd and try installing this rhel ver but after installing it gives me the same error i have allso tryed u r option but it didnt work.

OP
L

laptops4u

Broken In
HI,
I Found out the problem. Problem was with my on board sound card.
FYI if any hardware is not supporting rhel will just give you kernal panic error and halt the system. it will never tell you where is a problem in log files.
Any ways thatnx a lot for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom