keeping PC on(24/7)-advice

R2K

In the Zone
Recently i got a BSNL 750 Unlimited internet connection with a Wifi router for providing wifi connectivity for laptops and cellphones in the house . Also i have a spare desktop PC (AMD Sempron 2.8 GHz, 1 GB DDR3, ECS motherboard, 450 watts PSU, 160 GB IDE + DVD/CDRW combo drive) which remains unused most of the time.
So i am planning to use this system as a 24/7 download PC.:razz:
but is it really advisable to run a PC for 24/7...I am mainly concerned abt the overheating of mobo and proccy and constantly moving mechanical parts like HDD :?

BTW is there any software that can monitor the system temperature

Last edited:

papa

In search of Peace...
Lots of free software such as cpu-z are there to monitor the temps of your proccy.Just google.
BTW be wary of BSNL unlimited internet.They are not totally unlimited.They begin charging after certain gbs.
Go through the fine prints.Its always better to be safe ..pal

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the PSU is a local one isn't? change it & start the download. cause with that PSU, its just a matter of time before it blows up & also efficiency is low (noticeable increase in electricity bill).

for CPU temp, best one is CPUID HWMonitor.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Lots of free software such as cpu-z are there to monitor the temps of your proccy.Just google.
BTW be wary of BSNL unlimited internet.They are not totally unlimited.They begin charging after certain gbs.

UL750+ plan is unlimited ,60KB download ,upload speed , unlimited D/U limit . not limit unlike many other plans .

OP
R2K

R2K

In the Zone

what? Where is that fine print u are talking abt....
are u trying to spread FUD..:evil::evil::evil:
unlimited internet means unlimited bandwidth at fixed price...
i have heard abt FUP(fair usage policy) where speed get reduced to half after certain amount of bandwidth consumption.But even FUP is not applicable for BSNL 750 UL plan

the PSU is a local one isn't? change it & start the download. cause with that PSU, its just a matter of time before it blows up & also efficiency is low (noticeable increase in electricity bill).

for CPU temp, best one is CPUID HWMonitor.

PSU is Odessey
but i have another PSU from Aopen which i got with an acer branded Desktop PC
but its just 250 watts and i have been using it for last 7 years..So i bought the odessey 450 watts PSU

Top Bottom