Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Amitabh Bachchan is not the host of KBC anymore. Now it is Shahrukh khan:D .It is going to start from January. It is a 5 Yrs contract.

sms_solver

In the zone
SRK gets Rs 280 crore for KBC
Kaun Banega Crorepati is coming back back early next year with Bollywood's biggest superstar Shah Rukh Khan replacing Hindi cinema icon Amitabh Bachchan as host.

The contract that Star has signed with Shah Rukh is for two seasons with an option to extend it further into a third season. Each season is for 52 episodes, which means that Shah Rukh has committed to shooting 104 episodes of KBC in all.

According to sources SRK will be be paid Rs 280 crore for Kaun Banega Crorepati’s next two seasons. Amitabh Bachchan, the previous host, reportedly received Rs 140-160 crore for 390 episodes.

Star Entertainment India CEO Sameer Nair was quoted as saying, "Mr Bachchan expressed his disinclination to do the show and we respect his decision. We are indebted to him for what he brought to the show but now it is time to move on and who better to hand over the baton to than Shah Rukh Khan.

source: *www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=12636

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
manas said:
KBC will never be the same anymore ...
Absolutely correct...Shahrukh does not have the charisma that Big B has to host a show like KBC...Big B comes across as a concerned fatherly figure, but Khan is more like a fuddy duddy chum...having said that it'd probably draw huge audiences during the intial stages out of curiosity to compare Khan with Big B...but I think it'll fizzle out eventually like the movie Don.

outlaw

De@d
kaun banega crorepati - now sharukh bangaya crorepati
wow 280 crores's a lotta money

i dont think sharukh will be as good as big B hosting da show, i like his movies but... i am not sure about kbc

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I am not big fan of SRK....but one thing is sure ...he does anchoring job very well....so time will tell if he is as good as BIG B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom