Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
hey when i try to install kaspersky 2009 then it says after installtion to reboot the computer but after rebooting again the same installer comes up and after again installing it says to reboot and this goes on for ever.so, please help me.

thanks

mrintech

Technomancer
Kaspersky 2009 got buggy installation. On my PC even after removing all AV, it says removes the AVs.

I think Kaspersky take left over registry entries too seriously ;)

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
hey when i try to install kaspersky 2009 then it says after installtion to reboot the computer but after rebooting again the same installer comes up and after again installing it says to reboot and this goes on for ever.so, please help me.

thanks

do u have AVG 8 installed ?? If yes then not only you have to remove avg but also the registry keys ! Its a known problem with KAV and KIS 2009 ! Kav installs best on a clean machine !Otherwise the installer is too buggy !

mrintech

Technomancer
do u have AVG 8 installed ?? If yes then not only you have to remove avg but also the registry keys ! Its a known problem with KAV and KIS 2009 ! Kav installs best on a clean machine !Otherwise the installer is too buggy !
How to remove these Leftover AVG Registry Entries? :confused::confused:

I tried all cleaning softwares viz. ccleaner etc :confused::confused:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup agree to that..
-----------

to the OP: buddy, use a reg cleaner like XP Tools PRo to clean ur reg entries of Kaspersky and also MANUALLY delete the folders left over even after an uninstall of Kaspersky.. and again install.. it .. :)

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
How to remove these Leftover AVG Registry Entries? :confused::confused:

I tried all cleaning softwares viz. ccleaner etc :confused::confused:

I am assuming that you use Win xp ! Here is how it should be done. But do it with extreme caution as wrongly deleting any important registry key can wreck havoc in your system !

1.Go to start/run ... type regedit and press enter
2.Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3.Then go to software
4.Right click on any AVG or Grisoft entry and delete it
5.Exit registry editor and restart windows
6.Go to search.Search for any folder with name Grisoft or avg and delete if found
7.Try installing kaspersky now !

mrintech

Technomancer
I am assuming that you use Win xp ! Here is how it should be done. But do it with extreme caution as wrongly deleting any important registry key can wreck havoc in your system !

1.Go to start/run ... type regedit and press enter
2.Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3.Then go to software
4.Right click on any AVG or Grisoft entry and delete it
5.Exit registry editor and restart windows
6.Go to search.Search for any folder with name Grisoft or avg and delete if found
7.Try installing kaspersky now !
ok thanks .... will try ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom