Kaspersky AntiVirus/Internet Security v6.0 Goes Final!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yesterday, kaspersky finalised the version 6 of their products.. I've been involved with them as a beta tester, and lemme tell you, its just amazing.. Got everything! Antivirus, Antispam, Behaviour blocking and much more..... And its got the best detection rates out there! By the way, this is internal news, the official website will reflect this within 3-4 days i think.. Just thought id share this with friends here! :D

Official beta forum: *forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=16

Final release thread: *forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=11675

Wont post direct links to the file here (cuz its not ofiicial yet, and its on their private FTP servers (which requires password)..

Links to the files posted here: *forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=11188

Do check it out!

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Hmm.. There's definately some problem then. The max it goes is like 25 mb.. (at startup).. But it comes down to 8-12 MB in a few mins.. Are you running a scan?

Oh and by the way, to everyone: Please run a full system scan when you install this. It runs a *lot* faster after the full scan. This is due to a new technology implemented here called "iChecker"

Vyasram

The pWnster
when can i d'load the trial . i am usin avast now. I wd like to know , how is kaspersky in comparison with avast and norton, any tests/reviews

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Hi!

You can find links to the trial here: *forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=11188

Kaspersky has the best detection rates.. Check here: *www.av-comparatives.org

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Yeah.. Memory usage goes up while scanning.. Usually it will be around 10-15 Mb.

LegendKiller

In the zone
with all due respect,and free from bias,i think kaspersky is good antivirus but not internet security suite....
for simple reason that firewall is ok,blocks a few known leak test,and bugs with too many prompts!
Anti-spam-is like made by a school team! lets almost eveerything in...you really would like to train it hard enough to make it work...the default status doesn't block anything just labels it...
other features like pop-up,anti-banner are good but not good enough....
and regular updates consist mainly of antivirus updates and not for firewall rules,anti-spam,pop-up and ad-blocker!
so excellent antivirus but not so with security suite! just like pc-cillin 2006!

go4saket

Downloaded it today... Good interface... Detection rate good as always... Memory resourcec high as always...

Vyasram

The pWnster
i just installed kis yesterday, great features and good speed comp with norton.

One question: I have zonealarm pro, can i use it or use anti-hacker, which's better. Rite now i am running kaspersky without antihacker and i'm usin zonealarm pro

Also, i wanna know whether the new lavasoft-Kaspersky merger/addon had been released(for kis 6 and adawre pro 1.06)

LegendKiller

In the zone
Vyasram said:
i just installed kis yesterday, great features and good speed comp with norton.

One question: I have zonealarm pro, can i use it or use anti-hacker, which's better. Rite now i am running kaspersky without antihacker and i'm usin zonealarm pro

Also, i wanna know whether the new lavasoft-Kaspersky merger/addon had been released(for kis 6 and adawre pro 1.06)
i think ur using the best combination available!
Antivirus with best protection and best firewall.....i think ur combination is absolutely perfect! :D :D

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Hmm The antihacker is far superior to zonealarm if you ask me.. And which lavasoft-kaspersky merger are you talking about? I have no info about such merger..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ok guys after seeing this thread, i will try out kaspersky. I use ZA security suit which includes firewall+AV+anti-Spyware+other stuff. Can i replace my ZA with this kaspersky? is kaspersky's firell wall better than ZA?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

^^ Yes, it most definately is.. Do try it it out! You can always go back to ZoneAlarm if you dont like it!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I installed kaspersky and i my first impression -- very low on resource . uses less resource than ZA :p.

edit: hey guys!!! how do i stop the internet connection?? it was easy in ZA , right click > lock internet :( . how do i do it in kaspersky ? does it have such a feature or not??

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Umm no.. Kaspersky does not have such a feature.. Its actually useless IMHO.. Well if you need to disable your internet connection, just disconnect or right click your network connection, and select disable.. ;)

By the way guys, the official release date has been announced as 15th may..

Vyasram

The pWnster
kalpik said:
Hmm The antihacker is far superior to zonealarm if you ask me.. And which lavasoft-kaspersky merger are you talking about? I have no info about such merger..

*www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/LavaSoftware-KasperSky-AntiVirus-plugin.shtml

dunno whether it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom