Karbonn A18

naikwadisd

Right off the assembly line
Dear zxcvbn1,

I faced no problems for AC as well as USB charging!! :)
Back cover having a squeaking sound!! Not a big concern though!
After i checked my screen on a white background found a small bright dot!! Seems to be a pixel burn problem!!
But as far i am using it no problems!! Yeah HD games work superb,tested with MAXPAYNE....
I have bought this cell to test ICS :D and to my surprise its a phone with features above a test phone ;)
RomToolBox Pro and Titanium Backup are worth root apps to use!!

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
thats what i was saying earlier the phone is pre rooted so root apps work

bought the phone today for 9400... screen is very good and crisp.... so happy

naikwadisd

To my surprise!!!!!!!! The phone has super capacitive LCD display and u can operate it using fingernails and even with hands inside glove!!!
The same is in lumia 910 which is yet to be launched!!! LoL on that!!! :D

dakshdhamal

Re: Karbonn A18 - Battery life

Hi,
As u ppl already have the handset, can one of u do a heavy usage and one moderate usage battery review of this handset and share the comments?

This would help a lot of aspiring buyers as battery life is one of the utmost priority for almost all Android users :)

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
in my opinion battery life actually depends on how you use it... i personally make sure that i kill all apps in the background screen brightness also is a factor... one thing i did notice is that it takes a long time to charge the battery to full and the last i have seen is 99% did anyone got it to 100

dakshdhamal

@ HE-MAN

No offence dear but majority of us out here are pro smartphone users by now .... so, we can cut out those simple battery saving tricks and zero down to the standalone quality of the battery provided with Karbonn a18.

It would be more helpful if u could share ur daily usage stats and the corresponding battery performance with us.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
pro smartphone user looking for karbonn a18 no offence taken.... also i did not mention any tricks for battery saving read the post properly.... to the point normal usage my internet was on for a whole day, played some games, did some calling and clicked lots of photos and video recording the battery last one day after full charge

sushovan

In the zone
1.I find problem in touch during charge like that if i click one application or word in keyboard it comes other

its this happen only charging

isit my phone problem or all other mobile also same

2.Is it heavier weight mobile

a guy on flipkart suggested to change the charger and use a branded one to solve this problem.

sarvodaya

Hey, I was considering Karbon A 18 for its native video calling feature. Karbon website mentions that A18 can make native video calls (Not the Video Calls through Application Skype, Tango). Can you confirm this. And how about battery life and build quality. The Pictures are good. With a little bit tinkering in Photoshop, the photos will be nice. The front cam appears decent for video calls only or for small photos. But I am not interested in the Camera. My main requirement is front camera with native video calling.

There is no other touch screen phone which supports this feature under 10,000. Most of the phone have front cameras just for video chats or for skype. Except Samsung Primo, Nokia C5, there is no other native video calling phones under 10,000. Other option is Samsung Omnia (Windows Phone) and Samsung Wave III. Both are priced @ 15,000 which is out of my budget. But stretching the budget to 18,000 you will get samsung galaxy tab 2 (3100) which has calling and video calling feature. But you cannot carry a tablet in your pocket.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
native video calling works flawlessly without any lag tried with bsnl sim....

I am also facing touch problems while charging one thing i noticed when i charge it my pc using usb connection the touch problem doesnt occur only when i use the charger from the socket it does give random touch

deepaksharma

i heared the battery is just 1500 mAh.. thats very less i guess ... is it true.. i just read the specifications on snapdeal... Karbonn A18 (Black) - Buy Mobile Phones Online at Best Price | Snapdeal.com

zxcvbn1

Broken In
ALSO I CHECKED SOME OF HD GAMES WORKS FINE WITHOUT LAGGING
1.GTA3
2.SHADOWGUN
3.AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
4.REAL RACING
5.ADVENTURE OF TIN TIN
6.FINAL FANTASY 3
7.MASS EFFECT
8.EARTH AND LEGEND
9.ORDER AND CHAOS
some of game apk in Google play not worked try download apk even
flashplayer apk not suitable in Google play
but it works fine downloaded apk

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
where can i download all this games with sd files and how to make them work can plz tell

zxcvbn1

Broken In
Gta 3,real racing2,spiderman downloaded with apk+sd data works but other games need download sd data manually using wifi or 3g to work
checkout HD Games Collection For PowerVR GPU Phone's (APK + SD Data)

i download 9mm and maxpayne both game open fine(download sd data with wifi) but i dont see any onscreen controls and cant play those games even it opens

dharmil007

Journeyman
i HAve few questions :

1. Which one is better micromax A100 or karbonn A18 ?
2. AS it is showing 512mB ram how much actually does it have under system>settings ?
3. AS it has just 500mb internal memory aint it a concern ????

*Me*

hi guys, the a18 seems an appealing option after mm is failing consistently to fill the shelves with a100s. What I'd like to know is that is there any other budget phone with similar specs but with a bit larger screen than this one. ? Maybe a 4.5 incher or a 4.7??

Thank!!

Top Bottom