K850 REview By gsmarena.com have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k850-review-165.php

just have a look at this review ...and wonder...!!!

My next phone for ssure,,,,

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/se-k850/gsmarena_028.jpg

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/se-k850/gsmarena_002.jpg

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/se-k850/gsmarena_007.jpg
please do comment

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
nothing much to comment on the phone, it is a great product :) but one comment on the gfx: SE gfx artists are a bunch of goons! they are using the same icons since decades.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
not a problem wid my phone as i've hacked into it (eventually you'll be able to do that on this phone too). but i think they should've at least brought in newer icons.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i too modded my icons and cam driver ..but it will take atleast 6 months to hack into k850 CID if i got my hands on it...

by the time i hack and do everything i want ..some new exotic phone from SE will come and i will be forced to change..

this happened when i had k750 .. k800 came... i changed ...now k850 is all in my dreammmmzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
haha... this is the disadvantage wid technology! :D

but, i don't think it'll take 6 months to hack into it. k750/w800i were the first gen phones hence it did take long to get into them. but cid49/5x phones were broken into quite quickly...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
had looked into it as a future option... also had w960i as option.. but might settle on NokiaN95 8GB music version :D

the sides & button koolblue glow & Dpad button rocks however...

Pathik

Google Bot
The SE fones use such icons that u cant even differentiate between a 262k and a 65k color screen...
BTW me waiting for w960i :D

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
22-25 K

they should really look into the icons..
but anyway this phone features also the FLAS LITE THEME...
HERE IS THE SAMPLE OF THE ORIGINAL ICONS from K850i
*img464.imageshack.us/img464/7325/k850a04bq3.jpg

hope to see more themes with icons..

the MEDIA CENTER really rocks everything..
PSP like navigation is wht i am going for in this phone..
and also the REAL SONY CYBERSHOT T SERIES FRIMWARE INSIDE k850

awesome...

SE putting everything together.,..

should rock NOKIA world fast and hard..

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Nice prerelease model. Loved the media center application.

But i seriously hope Sony revamps it UI. It looks too cartoonish to me. Although the Standby screen, Menu icons do look good, but when you go into the menu items, the UI sucks. It looks like a bloat. That is one of the main reasons i stay away from SE. The screen looks under utilized.

The camera is currently not as performing as N95. It is understandable as it is prerelease version, they shall improve it in future.

Also they should add a nice support for games, currently their games do not match S60s games.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
alsiladka said:
The camera is currently not as performing as N95. It is understandable as it is prerelease version, they shall improve it in future.

Also they should add a nice support for games, currently their games do not match S60s games.

i agree with the camera.. they r in the unfinnshed version.. but the release and its upcoming updates will ensure that camera will be one of the best around..

as for the second ... regarding games...

i dont think so
i ahve loads of java games and as far as i know now creators are moving towards JAVA based as they can sell over a large variety of phones say SE , MOTOROLO,SAMSUNG,NOKIA... all suport java.. and why should they create in sis(symbian) when it is really slow and why should stick to one when they can create to many..

my point is if u take a game say kevein peterson cricket 2007... play it in nokia and in se .. u will which one is slow and which one is fast

in nokia the problem is more u store .. the more u have wait for everything...

but in my phone i have loads of games ands still it is fast as i used it for the first time...
and even i can play two games at once...

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
naveen_reloaded said:
i agree with the camera.. they r in the unfinnshed version.. but the release and its upcoming updates will ensure that camera will be one of the best around..

as for the second ... regarding games...

i dont think so
i ahve loads of java games and as far as i know now creators are moving towards JAVA based as they can sell over a large variety of phones say SE , MOTOROLO,SAMSUNG,NOKIA... all suport java.. and why should they create in sis(symbian) when it is really slow and why should stick to one when they can create to many..

my point is if u take a game say kevein peterson cricket 2007... play it in nokia and in se .. u will which one is slow and which one is fast

in nokia the problem is more u store .. the more u have wait for everything...

but in my phone i have loads of games ands still it is fast as i used it for the first time...
and even i can play two games at once...

What i was saying is, the graphical quality of the Java games does not compete with the graphical quality of the S60 games. Just grap yourself a Krally or Skyforce reloaded and see the quality.

Pathik

Google Bot
the games using the jsr 184 api hav great gfx..
Btw symbian games are a bit faster than java games wrt the loading time.. But wit future versions of the mobile jvm that ll be solved hopefully

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
infra_red_dude said:
^^^ nahi yaar. i think you hafn't seen the 3D java games. no wonder the w810i uses imaging proc from nvidia.

If you say i have not seen the 3d java games that are better than S60 games (a select few), then i would certainly like to have a look at a few of the games you are talking about.

Please let me know the names of a few games you are talking about!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
check out the old super real tennis, tony hawk lates version, even old version of vrally can be compared to the s60 in gfx dept. and as pathiks said the newer api has brought a lot of changes as far as the gfx on the java platform are concerned.

it mebbe that their full potential is not realised and perceived as most of the java based phones do not haf large screens hence the gfx look patchy in some cases.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
with k850loaded with java engine 8 .. ie it can use the motion sensing technology....

the use of it is unlimited...

lets see wht developers come with..

think of a bike game where u control the bike by titling it ..
or a flight game ...WOW ... i cant imgine titling and swinging my mobile ...

its gona be FUNNNNNNNNNNNNN

releasing OCTOBER ... CONFIRMED!!!!

PRICE RANGE FROM 23-25 K

START SAVING EACH PENNY GUYS...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ that technology is called the accelerometer (MEMS device). its there in iphone and will be seen in k850i and w910i as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom