K790i problems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny27

Right off the assembly line
Hi!! i bought the sony ericsson K790i on the 2nd of october from a sony ericsson showroom in mumbai(ghatkopar)for 10thousand rs with bill and warranty.
the phone has started giving the following problems:
1.while typing smses the WXYZ9 keys doesn't proceed past w--i cant type x/y/x sometimes i can but most of the times i cant.T9 is switched off.
2.after the keypad has been locked,the keypad lock message keeps showing up when not a single key has been touched.this message to prompt you on how to unclock the phone on pressing the* key keeps showing repeatedly even when a single key hasn't been touched."press * and then unlock"
the camera and other things work properly.
the software version is CXC1250477 - R8BF003 - 080130
the phone worked properly till yesterday and these problems have begun from today.
the phone was manufactured and imported in aug 2008.and its made in china.
i need help on how to resolve this issue.will a firmware upgrade solve the problems?
thanks in advance.

coolchop

Technology making us DUMB
why don't you get it checked at the nearest service center, I believe that there's some manufacturing defect, get it resolved ASAP...sorry no idea available at my level. :(

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Just a keypad problem. Some keys seem to be stuck up. You can open it yourself and check, or give it to the service centre.

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
If you have purchased it from a SONY ERICSSON showroom, just go back to them and ask them for an immediate replacement.
Incase if that doesn't work, just give it to them and ask them to solve ur problem...
Worst case scenario: u'l have to go to a sony ericsson service centre nearest to ur house and get the phone repaired for free.
Their head office is at Grant Road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom