K Menu queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i have installed both KDE and GNOME in ubuntu dapper. for some reason, the developement menu has vanished from the K Menu though i can access the applications using the terminal. i could not enable the menu using the K Menu editor. pls help...
thnx...

borg

In the zone
Why weren't u able to add it using menu editor?. Did u get any error?. Did u save before closing the editor?.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
After having opened Nautilus (File Browser) , press 'Ctrl + L' This will show up the
Location textfield. Type '/usr/share/applications/kde' Press Enter key. This will show
you all the KDE applications (links)!! No need for menu!! Whichever KDE application
you want just double-click to launch it!!

eddie

El mooooo
Right click on KMenu button and chose "Menu Editor". In the next window that opens up, click on "File --> Save". You should now have default KMenu instead of the GNOME's version.

OP
saurabh.sauron

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
@eddie...thnx. now i can see the developement menu but the other developement apps are still not there. tried it again but to no effect. KDevelop is also not there.

could u post the names of the developement applications that are there in KDE by default so i can add them directly?
thnx...

eddie

El mooooo
I don't have any developement apps installed thus I cannot help you but you can run kappfinder from a konsole window. It will scan for well known apps in your path and then add them to kmenu. If you still miss any apps then you will have to add them manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom