Just 14, he is Delhi IIT-JEE topper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahim

Married!
Fourteen-year-old Sahal Kaushik, who holds the 33rd rank at all-India level in the IIT JEE exam, emerged the Delhi region topper in the entrance examination. At the press conference to honour the toppers, Sahal, who was too shy to speak on stage, handed the mike over to his mother Ruchi Kaushik. But that was just for a while, off the stage, the boy giggled with his friend and answered media questions quite comfortably. *www.indiatimes.com/photo/4344505.cms

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
at the age of 4 this guy could recite tables upto 100 :|
today's newspapers are in awe with him... :)

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
ya all this is just matter of chance

just a little bit of here an there in human body and the results are extraordinary

thrice intelligent than us but cannot enjoy life like all of us

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yes
for hijacking his head and stealing away all his fun matter , Sports and making him a musiem item

jokin

Agree to this, but not fully. Her mother want him to be intelligent, but she never wanted him to be a child, of his own, who enjoys life just like other kids. Thats too sad.

TBF, that kid pwned us all.

While we rant about the kid "not having a perfect childhood" or "we played when we were kids", that little yutz has made it to the biggest and one of the best institutes in the country.

Who gives a crap about childhood? That kid's life is set now. Kudos to him :) (unlike mine, which is in utter disarray :( )

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@thewisecrab

Do you think settling in a top institute and study the current top course would make one feel happy? Nah, atleast not for me. I even had a chance to get into a good school for XIth. But i rejected that and preferred to stay with my mom. I never regret that and i feel happy on what i did and what i am doing now. The only thing is i am happy as hell. :D

I appreciate that kid though,but what we said earlier doesn't mean that we're ranting that kid, but we feel sorry for him for losting his childhood. You know how beautiful it is. Did you sacrifice that just for namesake and getting into top institute @ age of 14? Nah, we need to do certain things at certain age and that means we're moving gradually.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
completely agree with you rajkumar_pb...children should not be burdened with studies when it is time for them to grow (I am talking about primary education). Later they should get to decide what do they want to do in life and parents should help them choose the course related to it accordingly.

It is just my thinking that in this case the mother of the kid had already decided that his son is gonna be in IIT the moment he was born (or maybe much before than that) because usually (not in all cases) parents want their kids to become what they failed to achieve in life.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
This is something really mind blowing :shock:

TBF, that kid pwned us all.

While we rant about the kid "not having a perfect childhood" or "we played when we were kids", that little yutz has made it to the biggest and one of the best institutes in the country.

Who gives a crap about childhood? That kid's life is set now. Kudos to him :) (unlike mine, which is in utter disarray :( )

Yeah true, I don't know what to do now that I have flunked in all three exams; well IIT wasn't for me anyway, but AIEEE and MHTCET ? :(

Agree to this, but not fully. Her mother want him to be intelligent, but she never wanted him to be a child, of his own, who enjoys life just like other kids. Thats too sad.

Yeah true. Childhood is meant for enjoyment and of course some study :D, not just the IIT stamp !
But who cares about childhood these days (as @thewisecrab said) ?
Its just the IIT bandwagon to get the B.Tech/M.Tech stamps !

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yeah true. Childhood is meant for enjoyment and of course some study :D, not just the IIT stamp !
But who cares about childhood these days (as @thewisecrab said) ?
Its just the IIT bandwagon to get the B.Tech/M.Tech stamps !

Well, atleast i'm not that kinda person. I love the way i am now and i never regret for that. Opinion differs but still, i emphasize childhood is where we enjoy a lot than any stage of our life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom