Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Mediator, The Java libraries that are installed by default are GNU Java libraries.
Sun's JDK is the reference implementation. The Java @Sykora has is gcj libraries,
not Sun's JDK!! This is not cheating. I have more than 5 years working experience
in Java. How many years experience you have @Mediator? How many Java
applications you have developed?? I'm Sun Cerified Java Programmer. I also hold
BrainBench certification in Java. Let's put an end to this unnecessay futile argument!!

mediator

Technomancer
Heyyy! @JGURU Calm down. No args. But u shud have told y I was wrong.
Ok u have more experience! I have worked for around 2 yrs on java now and have made many applications in java mainly in networking area!

But what @Sykora experience .......Exactly I also experienced that! And I have solved it by just configuring CLASSPATH! Dont get so proud because u have more experience. Most of the times even teachers think that a student is useless and doesnt know anything.....whereas the fact can be very contrasting and opposite!

EPEACE!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
This thread is so confusing. I am facing the same problem too for many java programs. I am on ubuntu 6.06 and it seems I have Sun Java recognised here.

mediator

Technomancer
Sykora said:
sykora@nexus ~/> java /home/sykora/HelloWorldApp
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /home/sykora/HelloWorldApp
at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run (libgcj.so.7)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: /home/sykora/HelloWorldApp
at java.lang.Class.forName (libgcj.so.7)
at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run (libgcj.so.7)

U tried only the 2nd way? Please try the first method too! and @tech_for_future u too! Atleast tell the outcome of CLASSPATH method! U wont have to write "java /home/sykora/HelloWorldApp" then ..............only "java HelloWorldApp"......and that too anywhere, in any directory !

harmax

Journeyman
guys dont bang ur head, jus use netbeans or eclipse , and put ur efforts in creating applications rather than tryin to get it to even compile

yeah i do accept that my solution is jus a dirty work around

OP
Sykora

Sykora

I see right through you.
Thanks JGuru, your solution worked flawlessly. I think I was getting mixed up in the path where my java was installed. I don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom