Java Or Dotnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi friends iam fresher 2008 passed out B.E(ece) iam interested to do any one of technologies which will benefit me in the future so tell me ur opnion...

which have got more job openings for freshers java or dotnet....

and wheather dotnet replacing java is it so tell ur comments...

mastermunj

In the zone
.net can never replace java for that matter.

Java has deep roots and have very very large community base.

However, there is a fan following of .net too.

But if you ask me, I strongly recommend Java.

There will be various opinions coming up from all the members, but you choose based on your future plans and knowledge.

Remember - There is no Special Ingredient, Its just You.. Believe in Your Self :)

mastermunj

In the zone
Kung Fu Panda :)

BTW yea, from what I ve heard, both of them have their own significance. I am gonna go the Java way first.

Oh Yeah....

Everyone gets chance to make choice.. So, think, evolve and make choice and hit it with full force... You will succeed!

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Dude.. that's the toughest question i can say and we cant decide. You need to decide! Both has there own field and both are outstanding!
Regarding Job.. I will tell you my experience.. I never ever liked Java,I was a hardcore fan of .net. Got my placement through campus and then they never asked what i want to go for and putted me in JAVA :| As you will be knowing in India getting a break through is tough so i sadly excepted the truth.. Today almost 1.5 yrs am a java domain guy.. Loves java(As i have started forgetting .NET :( ) So what i mean to say is its not you who decides what you want to read but the damn **** company decides what they want.. LOL..
With my few days of experience i can say Java is still in top and has great demand..
If you go for java certification do the basic java certification and then also try to do the web development certification(Includes Struts,Hibernate and Spring frameworks). That will definitely help you..
All the best

g_suresh_mps

Proud Core i7 Owner
Thanks kausik Usefull ...

I am currently joined C, c++ Java & J2EE course on NIIT

Planned to write SCJP exam after Completing J2EE ...

What are the other couses needed to make my Foudation strong in Java Technologies ???

Is J2ME ( Development for Mobile Applications ) Going well ??

Like Symbian and s60 ...

Does it have future ???

I am currently Doing my B.Tech IT 2nd Year in Chennai ...

Will undertaking new Java course help my to build my Career Strong ???

Thanks again ...

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Thanks kausik Usefull ...

I am currently joined C, c++ Java & J2EE course on NIIT

Planned to write SCJP exam after Completing J2EE ...

What are the other couses needed to make my Foudation strong in Java Technologies ???

Is J2ME ( Development for Mobile Applications ) Going well ??

Like Symbian and s60 ...

Does it have future ???

I am currently Doing my B.Tech IT 2nd Year in Chennai ...

Will undertaking new Java course help my to build my Career Strong ???

Thanks again ...
Mobile apps do have future but in India i doubt!
Currently hype is the web technology! as told earlier in Java domain Struts,Hibernate,Spring frameworks are the most popular and used in bigger industries.. Also i personally feel Ajax is the next big thing! :)
Already we have started getting lots of requirements from bigger clients for Ajax apps so do look into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom