Japanese scientists are crazy ... look wat they are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
In its never-ending quest to out-sci-fi the world, Japan is treating its citizens to what they're calling a "space fireworks show"—resulting from an experiment to study the atmosphere.

On Sunday night at 7:26 p.m. (in Japan) an S-520 rocket will be launched into the sky and release lithium vapor into the ionosphere, creating three huge red balls of light—both as big and bright as the moon—to be seen in the sky for one and a half minutes.

The purpose of the experiment—as the above picture so clearly explains—is to study the atmospheric flow of the ionosphere at an altitude between 100 to 300 km—a veritable atmospheric "blind spot" for both satellites and weather balloons. The balls of light are caused when sunlight strikes the lithium vapor clouds as they disperse, and will give the people of Japan a quick glimpse into the beauty that is Armageddon.

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/08/space_fireworks.jpg

Source: Gizmodo

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
1 of the japanese scientists owes me 1000USD and in return he gives me classified info this is 1 of them :D

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
umm this is destroying the delicate ecosystem of space we must destroy the project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus waste of alot of fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
Kids starving in the street, and these guys are so busy with their fancy fireworks. I really see sense in all of this.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
update: this is what it looks like

*gizmodo.com/assets/images/gallery/4/2007/09/medium_1314578616_52022e6ded_o.jpg

*gizmodo.com/assets/images/gallery/4/2007/09/medium_1313694627_1a54edcbea_o.jpg

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i higly doubt they do anything of importance, aside from electronics
i think theyre just trying to make themselves look nice

Status