Ivy Bridge (I-5-3570k/GB-z77x-ud3h) Temperature issues [Noob fretting here! :( ] Help!

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
4 months back i bought a kick ass ivy bridge pc,all thanks to tdf and you guys! :)

My configuration is as follows:

Processor: INTEL I5-3570K
Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud3h
RAM : Gskill ripjaws x 4 gb
PSU : corsair gs600
Cabinet: Cooler master haf 912 usb 3.0 (with side window)
Monitor: Dell s2240l

Gpu: waiting
CPU COOLER :waiting
Cabinet fans :waiting
ANOTHER 4 GB RAM: waiting

My motherboard has a program known as ET6 (easy tuner) for overclocking and tunning .Whenever i open this application suddenly a beeping sound starts playing on a loop which after searching for some time led me to believe that it was my MBs temperature sensors going off!
Now i am not a pro in this stuff and i could not understand if my temperatures are high or i set the alarm to go off even on a lower scale. So here is a screen shot for all of you to judge.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Then my fear and curiosity forced me to download a temperature reader app known as CPUIDHwmonitor.
Now this app has made my fears come true (Kind of,u r the judge).

Now when i open this app it shows my Motherboard components temperature between 30c to 50c which i think are bearable (right?) & my cpu temperature between 30c to 50c(max) also.
Heres a screen shot : cpuid temperature.PNG

But an extension of this application which shows temperature on my taskbar shows the temperature to be 77c for both case and cpu!!
A screen shot:Capture 2.PNG
On placing the cursor on it it says " CASE 77C CPU 77C SENSOR 3 0 C "

Please help me out in figuring if my temps are too high? and what should i do to get them down ? (a hyper evo 212 maybe ? but only if absolutely necessary.)

P.s moneys short.

Thanking you
Divyansh/ Nightfury

gamer.geek

Broken In
Don't worry. The CPU temps aren't too high. Those are pretty decent temps though. I wouldn't recommend anyone to get an aftermarket cooler at such temps because they surely won't do any harm.

You also know that in India, we have high temps specially if you are residing in the northern/western parts. So no problems at all with those temps. :)

> In ET6, set the CPU fan speed to a higher value like 70%.

> Run HWmonitor for a few minutes. Then run Prime 95 for ~15 mins. Stop it and post the screenshots of HWmonitor.

> Get case fans asap.

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
> In ET6, set the CPU fan speed to a higher value like 70%.

> Run HWmonitor for a few minutes. Then run Prime 95 for ~15 mins. Stop it and post the screenshots of HWmonitor.

> Get case fans asap.

Thankyou so much for your suggestions harshilsharma.

I apologize if this sounds stupid but can u please clear somethings up.

1) In ET6 there is a Cpu Fan option and a system fan option as you have said Cpu fan I have raised the blue dot to 70% please check.
fan.PNG

2)When i open prime95 it asks for something like torture test.I assume thats what you want me to run?

3)I hope u have viewed the screenshots,if not i request you to do please do that as the temperatures shown by Hwmonitor are low but only the Et6 and hwmonitors extension (which i assume has some bugs because 77c is too high a temp) shows high temp.

I would like to be 100% sure that spending money on fans would greatly help my system.

Thanking you

bhvm

Journeyman
it's clearly of that software either shoeing false temps or has alarm threshold too low. I guess you don't have a case temperature sensor installed and the software is simply taking garbage value. uninstall that software and enjoy your system. my CPU is 88.c as I type !!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Did you try updating the bios? Select the rev version of the board that you're using on the GBT's page btw... *www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4153#ov

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
it's clearly of that software either shoeing false temps or has alarm threshold too low. I guess you don't have a case temperature sensor installed and the software is simply taking garbage value. uninstall that software and enjoy your system. my CPU is 88.c as I type !!

Thats what i thought at first but the software being quite a reputed one (Hwmonitor by cpuid) and Easytuner 6 (it is you can say the "official" gigabyte software) I thought i would ask the professionals.
thanks for your reply. :)

Did you try updating the bios? Select the rev version of the board that you're using on the GBT's page btw... *www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4153#ov

I would again like to mention that i am a newbie and i cant really afford to twerk my pc and bios update seems like a tedious and unnecessary task (Acc. to this linl :*www.howtogeek.com/136881/htg-explains-do-you-need-to-update-your-computers-bios/

Are you sure that it would help my situation ?

Thanking you
Divyansh

bhvm

Journeyman
as a newcomer,I would not recommend flashing bios as mistakes can break your system! get Professional to install it for you. otherwise, if you're not having any problems like hanging /freezing/random restarts... forget all this and enjoy your chimp.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
as a newcomer,I would not recommend flashing bios as mistakes can break your system! get Professional to install it for you. otherwise, if you're not having any problems like hanging /freezing/random restarts... forget all this and enjoy your chimp.

I flashed my Asrock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard and my mouse & KB stopped working. So dont flash unless there is a need only...

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Here is a recent screenshot of Hwmonitor. temp 2.PNG

The temps are pretty normal now and so no Bios update.

One thing that bugs me is Pch temperature : et65.PNG

Its 65 C . That is high as compared to my processor and my mobo.
What is it ? and how can i lower it?

Thankyou so much for your suggestions harshilsharma.

I apologize if this sounds stupid but can u please clear somethings up.

1) In ET6 there is a Cpu Fan option and a system fan option as you have said Cpu fan I have raised the blue dot to 70% please check.
View attachment 12480

2)When i open prime95 it asks for something like torture test.I assume thats what you want me to run?

3)I hope u have viewed the screenshots,if not i request you to do please do that as the temperatures shown by Hwmonitor are low but only the Et6 and hwmonitors extension (which i assume has some bugs because 77c is too high a temp) shows high temp.

I would like to be 100% sure that spending money on fans would greatly help my system.

Thanking you

Sorry for the late reply. UC Browser frustrates me on TDF

> CPU fan profile is good.

> Select 'benchmark' in prime95. No need of torture test.

> You may also use heinfo, and Intel desktop utility to confirm monitor.

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Sorry for the late reply. UC Browser frustrates me on TDF

> CPU fan profile is good.

> Select 'benchmark' in prime95. No need of torture test.

> You may also use heinfo, and Intel desktop utility to confirm monitor.

I ran the benchmark in prime 95. No errors. The temperatures now vary between 40c to 50c.

I think i am going to buy case fans.
Right now i have two default 120mm case fans 1 in front 1 in rear.

Any suggestions as what fans to buy and where to place them?

Top Bottom