I've got infected

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Crack file widout AV on. Happened with me, got infected with some Win32Perfibt or something virus. Wiped out the uninstall files of some 14 programs of mine. Now I'm not able to uninstall O&O Defrag 2000 Freeware, and Vista Inspirat 2 BricoPack, rest all handled by reinstalling. What shud I do god darn it!

Thanks n6300 for the log
@Cool Buddy
To me, this seems to be the problem:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
All the remaining system files (and they are clean) are in "system32"
whereas
this is in "System32" (different caps)

Try using this too:
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=920275&postcount=36

ubersoldat

Deadly Creature Me!
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:15:54 PM, on 09-Nov-08
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
@thewisecrab. Do u mean to say that my system is infected too? lol :D:p:D. Just run Hijackthis urselves and watch the log file generated. lol :D. If that doesnt help, try creating a 'System32' folder in the Windows directory urselves. lolz :D:D .

@Cool Buddy. Try using Avast 4.8 and Windows Defender. Using Avast, scan ur C: drive for viruses and Spyware. Inmost case, ur problem should be solved. :mrgreen:

Bye

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
@ubersoldat
You do seem to be an experienced user. Thanks for your help, I'll definitely try these, but are You sure I can remove all no name no file entries safely.

BTW launchy is a good program, no problems from that, you can also try it here.
Lclock is also harmless, just shows the clock in a better way in the tray.

I think it helped, right now I'm not getting the error.
Please give your views about this entry:

O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll

it is 139 KB in size, the size that vundoo's dll's are generally. however hovering the mouse aboove it shows a description "client service for netware provider and authenticcation package dll company Microsoft" (how to copy text from status bar of explorer?!)

Last edited:
@thewisecrab. Do u mean to say that my system is infected too? lol :D:p:D. Just run Hijackthis urselves and watch the log file generated. lol :D. If that doesnt help, try creating a 'System32' folder in the Windows directory urselves. lolz :D:D .

@Cool Buddy. Try using Avast 4.8 and Windows Defender. Using Avast, scan ur C: drive for viruses and Spyware. Inmost case, ur problem should be solved. :mrgreen:

Bye
I'm not very good at log files, just thought a little trial and error tricks might help...it didnt...I can see that :(

ubersoldat

Deadly Creature Me!
Hi,

@Cool Buddy, there is no issue with the file nwprovau.dll . I checked the file and its frm MS. Comments go as: Client Service for NetWare Provider and Authentication Package DLL . Dint try Launchy. Regarding the 'no file' and 'no name' entry in HijackThis, I am not very sure becos I too have deleted these entries frm my registry and faced no probs. Not sure about urs. U have to analyse those entries. :D

I suggest u use Avast 4.8, an updated version of Spy-Bot and Windows Defender. Other AV I am not sure. But I can say that Avast does a better job of catching Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Malware and Trojan Horses than paid AV's like Norton and MCAffee. Just make sure that u update it daily. :D

Bye

Hi again everyone,

Pls check this link:

*www.seasonsecurity.com/attention-u...-your-system-microsoft-windows-xp-files-51803

:D Bye and Happy Virus Hunting :D

Last edited:

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Hi friends,
I too have been infected with Worm/VB.QG virus......It has infected all my exe files on my PC....all my SETUPS and Installations have been infected. Those SETUPS i had dloaded from net....and are more than 60GB pls help guys

ubersoldat

Deadly Creature Me!
@ Varad Dilip . Hey, I would suggest u run a boot time scan using Avast. Same thing happened with my friends PC. He got over 7000 infected exe files. lol :D . Also, pls dont delete any file if avast gives u options whether to move infected file to chest or delete. U dont go to delete any file. If u do, then ur setup will be deleted rather than the Virus. lol :D

Bye

paroh

Padawan
Try this as it look similar to the problem that i encounter
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101875

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom