I've got a pirated Win XP- Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare_dexter

Broken In
:cry:
Guys, it's awesome! My "Good" PC-assembler(Who lives 250 kms from my home) has loaded the pirated version of Windows XP- without my knowledge, last time. I came to know the fact only yesterday when I tried to install Windows XP Service Pack2 from my Digit CD!
I don't know what to do now. Can't I install SP-2 in my PC? My OS is running well, though a bit slower than the previous time and no problem till now except the mentioned installation.
Can I change my product key? Where do I find it?

wORm

Journeyman
Buy a legal copy of XP. :D Can't give you any other advice as that would be against forum rules.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
ya m8 u need to buy a orignal copy for that.
and be careful if ur surfing the net with that pirated XP and it is said to have many anti-piracy stuffs in it.

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

rj2k

Broken In
nope, net won't do anything to your os except for viruses and spyware.
most illegal copies are vlk versions which do not need activating.
if you have a vlk version then do not even try installing sp2.
tell your assembler straight away for a legal copy.

[deXter]

Journeyman
Well, if you paid this "Good" PC assembler of yours for the copy of XP, then demand an original one from him! If not, then buy an original XP. Believe me, its worth it, and besides the price of an original copy has come down considerably.

Btw dare_dexter... Could you please explain your nickname ;)

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
There r ways to let ur pirated XP to allow installing SP2 without any hassles.
I think there is a patch available for that purpose.
Pm to know how.

theraven

Technomancer
no they dont monitor it from the net ...
they just wont let u install the service packs if it detects an illegal key

rj2k

Broken In
only sometimes it can be a drag to use the microsoft site. just delete cookies and temporary internet folder after each visit. also try using proxies.

OP
dare_dexter

dare_dexter

Broken In
I'm planning to buy a branded PC with original Windows XP

:x
Good heavens!
Some of you have rightly thought, my assembler has faked me by taking the extra price for loading a "Popular and Original version of Windows" (in his words) into my computer. As I've earlier said, he lives in a city around 250 km from my place. I live in a mofussil. Soon I'll buy( may be within two months) a branded PC as they have become much cheaper than when I brought this PC. Wish me luck, guys, so I won't be cheated again! But before that, I must meet my "Good "assembler with.... :evil:
Thank you anyway. And don't bother about my nickname as most of you have strange nicknames that cannot be explained, eh? :wink:

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
Re: I'm planning to buy a branded PC with original Windows X

dare_dexter said:
:x
Soon I'll buy( may be within two months) a branded PC as they have become much cheaper than when I brought this PC. Wish me luck, guys, so I won't be cheated again! But before that, I must meet my "Good "assembler with.... :evil:
BOL
dare_dexter said:
Thank you anyway. And don't bother about my nickname as most of you have strange nicknames that cannot be explained, eh? :wink:

Man u have the nick name that ressemble out moderator dexy ( as we call him ;) ) That's why he asked :D

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
hey come on mate give the guy a break with his nick already i suppose he so called DARES to do something diff with his nick(Dun know what but has caught his attetion lol :) ).Anyways Btw well next u ougtha buy a pc try buying one with a Branded Pc Wallah with A Liscensed Xp copy and hence no woes and mate be careful the next time u ask for a piracy or tweaking the Reg Keys issue to lisence ur pirated copy cause the mods are on ur tail and might just kick u out(after a well endured warning of course lol).anways chow for now.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Why dont you try Linux ?!

See *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7549

I hate MS Windows. Too many intruders.

rj2k

Broken In
cooljeba, never buy home edition. it sucks!!!
Buy a copy of xp pro or media centre.
Home edition is a total waste of money!

edit: if your still using pirated, use a packet sniffer to stop unwanted packets being sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom