It is on Suse Linux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishan

In the zone
How can I uninstall th OS Suse Linux from my PC?
I already have win 98 and win XP installed..

dkd903

Broken In
IF U DONT HAV THE SUSE INSTALLATION DISK : if u want 2 remove it completely, the best way is 2 delete the linux partition. open ur xp installation again and go 4 new installation, ven da computer re boots, it will ask 4 location of installation, there select the partition on vich linux is stored. now windos xp instln will promp 4 formatting. allow it 2 format the partition. the ven it says format over, simply turnoff ur computer and restart it, select win xp , and u can now see ur free partition (on which linux was stored).
IF U HAV THE SUSE INSTALLATION DISK : reboot selecting cd drive as 1st boot device nd insert suse disk, in the installation menu there will b option of removing suse, click on it n proceed. but by dis u cant see the partition (on vich suse ws stored) in windows, even after suse has been uninstalled. 4 getting the partition back use Drivemagic 4, or some such oder software.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
wait, directly removing the linux partition without removing the boot loader will cause more problems.

since u have windows 98 installed, let me tell u a very easy way. boot into windows 98, open the start menu>Run. type in command and press enter.
in the command prompt, enter this:
Code:
fdisk/mbr
this will erase the linux boot loader.
now restart the pc (u wont find the option to boot into suse) and boot into windows xp. go to control panel>administrative tools>computer management. here, click on disk management in the storage menu. here, the linux partition will be shown as Healthy (Unknown Partition). right click on the partition and click on delete logical drive. then format the drive as ntfs or fat32.
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/sreevirus/th_dskmgmt.png

hope this helps.

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
Thanks ...

Hi! Thankyou for giving such an useful info. I'll try the ways and contact you soon.Bye.Thank You once again.....Ishan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom