It is now the time of the quad-core and you better believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qudra

Broken In
Since the release of Intel’s Conroe micro-architecture, the company has been making waves, massive waves. In terms of performance, Intel washed away main competitor AMD, and they have continued to do so during the past three months with the success of their Core 2 Duo and Extreme processor series.

Step aside dual-core, it is now the time of the quad-core and you better believe it. The new quad-core series consists of the Core 2 Quad Q6600 and the Core 2 Extreme QX6700. Both feature a dual 4MB L2 cache, operate on a 1066MHz FSB, and have a thermal output of 130 watts. However, the Core 2 Quad Q6600 is not scheduled for release until early next year, and so today we will be looking at the more powerful Core 2 Extreme QX6700 version, which Intel had promised to make available this month, humming along to the tune of just 2.66GHz using a cool 1.34 volts of power.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge...

kirtan

Journeyman
The competition is really hotting up man.Guess what will be AMD's answer would be for this challenge.

anandk

Distinguished Member
intel kentsfield, right ? $999 !
*www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2866

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i am still on 2.66 p4///////....

i think i will upgrade after a year.....i think that will be a good time for the system to manage vista`s req

jamyang312

Journeyman
soo cool but its damn expensive,,,,,

Last edited:

sourav

In the zone
i too have p4 running at 2.66. I hope i will upgrade to core quadro on next year or next of next year :)

vinyas

In the zone
hmm.... when is the Official Launch in India ??? ... hope C2D Prices Reduce Due to this .............

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Wait for Amd's quad core processor. When it comes na it gonna destroy Intel. Someone told me its coming in mid 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom