Issues Related To OPERA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Opera's requires more memory than ie as it has a dwnload manager as well as a mail client. Also its requirements are dynamic. it can reduce load when other apps are running and increase mem use when the system is idle.
Advantage? Faster "backs" and "forwards". [almost instant taneous] quicker loading of previously loaded pages. i dot think memory requirem should bother any1.

---opera fan---

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I never reinstall opera even if I reinstall WindowsXP.
Now, if I reinstall OPera and create a single user profile my profile folder will be operadir/profiles. Thx for that.
Wat wud happen if I reinstall Windows again, will I have to follow the same procedure again or my dmmy iunstall wud work.

Special thx to Indyan. U always solve my opera probs. Thx again

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I just downloaded the latest version of Opera from its official site and sisnce then am facing a problem with the site *torrents.to

Searching anything from this site used to open a new window with search results, but in this version, neither does this open a new window nor does it display the result in the same window.

Now, what can be done to resolve this error???

shaunak

Tux Fan
go to tools>preferences>advanced> choose tabs>uncheck "reuse tabs"

using:
Version 9.01
Build 8518
Platform Win32

Sykora

I see right through you.
go4saket said:
I always thought that Opera is much lighter than IE. But today I marked that Opera takes about 54 MB of system memory while IE takes only 13 MB. Is this really true or am I mistaken somewhere???
I'm a bit late on this, but IE seems to take up less memory because its dependencies are libraries which are already loaded in windows, so that memory usage doesn't count for IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom