Issue with windows XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzzzrr

Broken In
After installing windows XP SP3 i am facing a problem. Every time I want to shut down my PC. its automatically restarting instead of shutting down.I had unplug the power cable to switch of the pc. Is there any issues with SP3 as after I restored back to SP2 its running fine.:confused:
The system specification >> AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ processor, Asus M2N MX Se motherboard , XFX8400...

Last edited:
OP
B

buzzzzrr

Broken In
Thank you for your reply. Actually SP3 has some issues with amd based pc. I found out the below post which explained and solved my problem.

*msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesper/ar...ed-computer-boot-after-installing-xp-sp3.aspxdoes-your-amd-based-computer-boot-after-installing-xp-sp3

kapsicum

spice it up
good to hear dat u hv got a work around ...but its not just a problem with the AMD machines all together as per the Jesper's blog ...its with some AMD chips & some Intel too, since i hv an AMD machine running fit n fine with Xp SP3 installed without any problems till date...

...just wanted 2 clarify since lot of ppl hv got misinterpretations regarding AMD pross.

Yo dudes, sp3 is really fine. But it might have some issues left to be solved. Although it does not slows down your os a bit if you know how to maintain your system. But beware don't ever integrate SP3 in Win XP Media Centre Edition using nlite coz it will totally destroy your os. Coz after installing the SP3 intigrated installation you will get a nasty surprise. So my advise install SP3 after installing a good copy of Win XP MCE.:)

mrintech

Technomancer
what the hell you all get after installing SP 3?

DO hackers come to your PC for watching your Old Doggy Photo :D

Stick to SP2

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Actually SP3 has some issues with amd based pc.

i have also AMD rig.
i have xpsp3 with up to date updates without any problem..
try to think different..
probably set dafault settings in your BIOS..
it may be solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom