Issue installing PCQLinux 2005 and Fedora Core3

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FilledVoid

I recently tried to install Fedora Core 3 on one of my friends systems and it seems that once it reaches the Disk partitioning screen it coems up with a popup bug which mentions cylinders > 256 ..... disk.... head etc ..I know thats a really bad description of the error but I didnt write it down and I dont have a screencap of it . I noticed that the same thing happens to PCQLinux 2005 as well.

Now my main question is , is there something I need to disable from the BIOS before installing FC3 or PCQ Linux on my system , like some HDD settings or something. Ill try to get the correct error message tommorow and post that as well.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
What you are facing is possibly a problem when you had first formated and partitoned your disk and left with some problems, windows 'being generous' will not tell you about disk partion problems beforehand.

There is no need tt disable any thing in BIOS but I suggest you choose other distro like Mandraiva(earlier Mandrake) or suse. Most distros treat the partition info differently. So you may be able to install it success fully. Note I said may be and I take no responsibility for any problems.

I would suggest that you fist correct the partion problem with some partition managers.

PCQ is Fedora under the hood, no surprise they mess up at same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom