Status
Not open for further replies.
why an iso image is not recognised by the os when it is in the hard drive but when it is image copied into a cd it is read by the os.
also if i image copy an iso into a secondary(slave) hd and when i open it will i see the same thing i saw when i image copied it to a cd or will i see it as an unsupported file.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
dude...ISO is a format which is supported by CD's. It is nothing but images of a CD which is stored onto the sotrage device which in this case is your hdd. consider ISO's as a archive which gets exploded and stored onto a CD. Hence you dont recognize it when on the hdd.

Image copying onto a hDD ? Do you mean a physical copy ? Then once again you will see only a ISO file mate. Not the contents of the ISO file. You can view/extract/change the contents of an ISO file using utilities such as ISOBUSTER, or mount it as a virtual drive using tools such as Nero imagedrive.

diab0lic666

Broken In
why an iso image is not recognised by the os when it is in the hard drive but when it is image copied into a cd it is read by the os.
what do u mean by this?

An ISO is a file that contains the complete image of a disc. The ISO Image file contains all of the folder and file structure for the CD Disk in a compressed form. If the Image File will a bootable CD, it will also contain the Boot Sector information that is needed. An ISO Image file is similar to a Zip file. you can use winRAR to browse an ISO file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom