ISASS.EXE System Error...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raval_manoj

Broken In
First system details:-

--> Dual boot, Win98SE in C & WinXP with SP2 in D
--> 128Mb DDR RAM
--> ZoneAlaram Firewall (with latest updates)
--> AVG 7 FREE Antivirus

Now my problem:- Windows XP failed to boot: in normal as well as safe mode. During booting process (after selecting Windows XP only - Win98 is ok)recd error message "ISASS.EXE System Error. Object not found.

Happened at the time when I was trying to reinstall my modem driver - after uninstallation of modem driver.

At present I'm not able to boot Windows XP in normal mode or safe mode
Pls help.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
try reinstalling xp on the same drive, it will ask whether to repair the existing setup or install it freshly. one more thing, if u reinstall it then (i think) ur current programs will work on it as previously.

anandk

Distinguished Member
hope these links help u
*www.resellerratings.com/forum/tid37455/pp50/pn3
*www.webnewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.win2000.general/topic1657.aspx
*www.techimo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=617919

OP
raval_manoj

raval_manoj

Broken In
Thanks for reply

@Painkiller - I don't want to format system or reinstall WinXP right now, trying to get
alternate solution if there is any way.

@anandk - Thanks for reply, I'll ckeck the links.

D

Deleted member 5901

hey just pop in ur XP cd at boot-up and Let the setup start.....Then it will tell u about ur Windows xp installation and just choose repair and ur done !!!

Since u said u have Windows 98 as well.....enter 98 and get urself AVAST 4.6 and uninstall AVG coz its of no use !!! AVAST is free too !!! Its much better....install there run a Boot Scan !!!

Coz i feel its the SASSER worm that u have ENCOUNTERED !!!

Read this:

*www.pchell.com/virus/sasser.shtml

Download this:

*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.removal.tool.html

Microsoft's Word:

*www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.mspx

Chill Hope this solve ur Problem !!!

Cya take care !!!

OP
raval_manoj

raval_manoj

Broken In
ISASS

King_Niral said:
hey just pop in ur XP cd at boot-up and Let the setup start.....Then it will tell u about ur Windows xp installation and just choose repair and ur done !!!

Since u said u have Windows 98 as well.....enter 98 and get urself AVAST 4.6 and uninstall AVG coz its of no use !!! AVAST is free too !!! Its much better....install there run a Boot Scan !!!

Coz i feel its the SASSER worm that u have ENCOUNTERED !!!

Thanks dude...

D

Deleted member 5901

ur welcome @raval_manoj

SO the repair , Avast 4.6 or the Removal tool worked ???

was it the Sasser worm ?? Coz like i said earlier that , the symptoms felts like the ones of the sasser worm.

Neway
cya
take care

OP
raval_manoj

raval_manoj

Broken In
King_Niral said:
ur welcome @raval_manoj

SO the repair , Avast 4.6 or the Removal tool worked ???

was it the Sasser worm ?? Coz like i said earlier that , the symptoms felts like the ones of the sasser worm.

Problem occured in my elder brother's PC, & he is in another city, so I sent all this information & waiting for his reply.

Isn't Avast little bit more heavy on system? Till the date AVG7 free worked fine for me - light on system & catching worms also. What u say?

Thanks for the help

D

Deleted member 5901

ok i agree that that avast is one of the lighest on sys resources !!! AVG does not hav updates ready every 1- 2 hours sometimes every 1/2 hour !!! its taht fast with its updates !!! Avast is one of the best REAL -TIME scanners !!!+ Consuming less sys resources + FREE !!!

SO i believe in AVAST !!! in one or 2 months i will complete 1 year using AVAST !!!

So i guess its the best !!

Cheers !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom