Is Xperia SP the best 17k- phone?

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
I guess you are talking about the AT&T E970 here. under 14K it's a killer deal only if the physical condition of the device is good. Cause unlike other imported mobiles, the E970 and E975(sold in India) are entirely different physically. So if its glass gets shattered or any other component is damaged then you are doomed cause you won't get parts for servicing here.

Too much of a risk. Any major flaw, and its effectively a brick. A new XSP that can be repaired seems more safer bet.

How would Xolo Q110 fare against Xperia SP? It has nice specs but I've never used an Indian brand phone before, so advice from someone with experience would be welcome.
It's got 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor but the GPU is Adreno 305, as opposed to SP's 320.

Last edited:

sushovan

In the zone
Specs don't say all the story. Although that phone has the same SoC as Moto G, the updates or development for the phone has been almost non existent due to its flaws like poor cam, improper software optimization etc.

HTC itself doesn't care about Indian market anymore. Every single one of their mid range phones are pathetic and come with ages old Novathor SoC. HTC itself doesn't want to profit here :p just have a look at Desire 310, the indian version has 512 MB RAM and sells for 12K :mad: while in Europe the same phone sells cheaper and comes with 1 GB RAM.

lethalforce

Broken In
How would Xolo Q110 fare against Xperia SP? It has nice specs but I've never used an Indian brand phone before, so advice from someone with experience would be welcome.
It's got 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor but the GPU is Adreno 305, as opposed to SP's 320.

then moto g is a safer bet.. it will at least get stock update plus bugs fixes and stuff.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
then moto g is a safer bet.. it will at least get stock update plus bugs fixes and stuff.

I don't care for updates. SP will get them too, even if a little later.

I've never understood why people think of quicker updates as a major feature. They won't unlock any new features, just some tweaks and UI changes in most cases. Just root and get a custom rom if anyone's so eager.

Minion

Conversation Architect
If you don't care about update then Gionee Elife E5 too is a very good phone very good amoled HD display it can play full HD videos without any issue and can play almost all games.

- - - Updated - - -

After sales support is much better than Indian brands.

If you don't care about update then Gionee Elife E5 too is a very good phone very good amoled HD display it can play full HD videos without any issue and can play almost all games.

- - - Updated - - -

After sales support is much better than Indian brands.
Xperia SP is better than that, except for display

lethalforce

Broken In
I don't care for updates. SP will get them too, even if a little later.

I've never understood why people think of quicker updates as a major feature. They won't unlock any new features, just some tweaks and UI changes in most cases. Just root and get a custom rom if anyone's so eager.

i have replied to your Xolo queries against XSP. And in response i said Moto g>> Xolo

Top Bottom