Is Xperia SP the best 17k- phone?

Chetan1991

Youngling
If I were getting Sony Xperia SP at a price less than 14k, would it be the best VFM phone for a while, or are there any new models coming in the next 2 months that will be more powerful and feature rich for the same price (14k) ?
Moreover, how is its camera quality? Is it reliable enough to consider buying it, since the phone won't come with manufacturer warranty.

sushovan

In the zone
Camera Quality is average. and no, there arent any powerful models coming at 14k soon. Sony has started releasing overpriced products with Snapdragon 400 so Xperia SP remains the best VFM under 17K.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Imported. Its also available on ebay at 15k (that's imported too; so no manufacturer warranty.)

So does this phone has any history of defects, or is it reliable enough to be bought without manufacturer warranty?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If I were getting Sony Xperia SP at a price less than 14k, would it be the best VFM phone for a while, or are there any new models coming in the next 2 months that will be more powerful and feature rich for the same price (14k) ?
Moreover, how is its camera quality? Is it reliable enough to consider buying it, since the phone won't come with manufacturer warranty.

My E970 is better than Xperia SP. I bought it for Rs 13.7k though it has no warranty.

My E970 is better than Xperia SP. I bought it for Rs 13.7k though it has no warranty.

That's a LG optimus G at&t version, just for your information OP

That's more powerful than SP, but it's dimensions are different from international Optimus G, so unless you are planning to live in US, you may have problems with repairs(the phone is US exclusive)

SP is a good phone

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling

Better display, more memory and storage, quad core krait processor. Looks quite nice.
Where did you get it for that price? Is it still available?

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Better display, more memory and storage, processor with lower freq. (overclocking or different procc.s?) Looks quite nice. Where did you get it for that price? Is it still available?

E970 has a quad core S4 pro (Qualcomm MDM9615M / APQ8064), while SP has an over clocked dual core S4 pro (Qualcomm MSM8960T Snapdragon)
I got it from *geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewItem?it...-Unlocked-4G-LTE-Quad-Core-Android-Smartphone

though the current price is around 19k. :(

i remember [MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] wanted to sell his e970: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/139625-how-much-can-i-sell-my-old-stuff-56.html#post2114568

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
That phone is awesome! But I don't want to buy a second hand set. Will look for bargains. Any other alternatives (phones)?

- - - Updated - - -

Need urgent reply please. I could lose the deal. I'd like get to my hands on that Optimus G, otherwise its Xperia SP. Please recommend any other alternatives within 14k.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Congrats. I was hunting for an alternative all day but no luck. Guess this is the best phone in the price range.

Hrishi

If you could wait for a deal , or you could ask someone to import an Optimus G for you then it would be good .
IMO , LG OG (AT&T) or even the E975 ( Int. Variant ) , they both are way too powerful than these devices listed in discussion above. PS , the Display ,and Sound ( <3 ) , unfortunately the Camera Sucks on OG.

You can get an OG for like 15-16k easily. You just have to search for some forums or Ebay.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Already did. Sadly 14k the limit.

- - - Updated - - -

You know where I can find the O.G.? All I can find under 18k are used ones.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
getting CDMA Moto X is also an option if you are ok with CDMA reliance network will cost you around 15k..

much better phone than Optimus G and SP ,

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Nah. I don't want to rely on reliance.

Would you consider buying a 3 and half month old second hand Optimus G (without warranty) at <14k price?

sushovan

In the zone
Would you consider buying a 3 and half month old second hand Optimus G (without warranty) at <14k price?
I guess you are talking about the AT&T E970 here. under 14K it's a killer deal only if the physical condition of the device is good. Cause unlike other imported mobiles, the E970 and E975(sold in India) are entirely different physically. So if its glass gets shattered or any other component is damaged then you are doomed cause you won't get parts for servicing here.

Top Bottom