Is This A Ram Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
MY config is:core2quad Q6600..ABIT IP35 E..ZION 2GB.. my hard disks and graphics card are all right as i have checked them...
my problem is that when ever am trying to install a OS say media centre or XPSP2, or whatever...the setup loads and when the screen displaying whether u want to repair or do a fresh install comes the system automatically shuts down... i tried the ram in another slot but the problem persists... my HDD is a new 1 so preformatted i have also another HDD but there also the problem persists

raipraveen83

Right off the assembly line
it is bios setting problem might be.

it is bios setting problem might be.set bois to default

Last edited:

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
just try another os for a change and check whether problem persists
faluty bios may be a problem
no problem with ram coz if there would be problem with ram the system would not have booted up for setup....

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
The factory bios version of abit has lot of issues. Eventually one has to update their bios. Abit have allready shut down their business at 31st december officially so you will have to google for the latest bios. Download it while you still can. Next time you post, let us know the power supply.
Other than that, google for orthos and download it. Run blend test for 3-4 hours and dont use the system during this time. If it gives any error or if it restarts- your rams is also another cause of the issue.

OP
sourishzzz1234

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
Now Guys I Checked The Ram...they Said It's Ok...tried Resetin The Bios... First It Wrote Cpu Not Working Or Something Like That And Now It's Just Showing The Post Screen And Shutting Down...

Now Am Just Left With Two Things
The Motherboard And The Cpu... I Don Think It's Any Problem With The Power Supply So Leave The Power Supply...

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
It seems like a RAM problem, but since, you seem to be convinced it is OK, then I guess so.
Believe me or not it could also be problem with the Power or the Reset Button!

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
If you are system automatically restarts then you can try this ---> Right click on 'My Computer' > Properties > Advanced > Start up and Recovery > Settings > Then uncheck on 'Automatically Restart' > Restart your machine.

I think that should solve the problem, do let us know if it worked or not.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Can also be the problem with PSU. It is not able to suply ur Mobo enough power. Try changing PSU (borow a friend's one maybe..)

Can also be RAM problem, in that case do what haider_up32 said.

If all things fail, mobo is culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom