Is there any software to make desktop run on low power mode?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
As the title says.....I keep my PC on for downloading for long time, sometimes for straight three/four days, so I was wondering if there is some software which could make it run on a low power mode just enough for downloading? I find it meaningless to have the desktop at full power just for some simple task like download.
Maybe I'm crazy asking this but just asking anyway...;)

You dont need a software for that, just go to control panel > Power Options. Click on "Change plan settings" in front of power saving and set everything to 'maximum power saving' and cpu cooling to 'passive' instead of 'active'. Other than that, you can enable all power-saving features available in your bios.

gameranand

Living to Play
No I don't think there is any special software for this. Its by default and you can underclock as already suggested for better power saving. :)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You dont need a software for that, just go to control panel > Power Options. Click on "Change plan settings" in front of power saving and set everything to 'maximum power saving' and cpu cooling to 'passive' instead of 'active'. Other than that, you can enable all power-saving features available in your bios.
Lol, I forgot about the Power saving mode in Win 7. Activated it. The CPU cooling is by default set at passive.

Top Bottom