Is there any performance difference b/w a 512mb gpu and 1 gig gpu?

Nikko Bellic

Right off the assembly line
I was going to buy sapphire HD5670 1gb. My budget is under 5K. But when I seek price of this 1 gig card its about 5.6K, and 5670's 512 mb version is cost lesser. I WONT BE STRETCHING budget further

My question is is there any noticeable difference in a 512mb and 1 gig gpu in gaming?
Games to play GTA IV ,NFS HOT PURSUIT 2010+, CRYSIS, WHEELMAN, ETC...

My another choice is HD 5570. Is this a nice card to play listed games and other games out here?

AMD X4 635
880GM-UD2H
400WATTS FSP
4GIG CROSAIR DDR3
15" MONITOR

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I was going to buy sapphire HD5670 1gb. My budget is under 5K. But when I seek price of this 1 gig card its about 5.6K, and 5670's 512 mb version is cost lesser. I WONT BE STRETCHING budget further

My question is is there any noticeable difference in a 512mb and 1 gig gpu in gaming?
Games to play GTA IV ,NFS HOT PURSUIT 2010+, CRYSIS, WHEELMAN, ETC...

My another choice is HD 5570. Is this a nice card to play listed games and other games out here?

AMD X4 635
880GM-UD2H
400WATTS FSP
4GIG CROSAIR DDR3
15" MONITOR

1GB memory is good for high-resolution gaming & as per your config
a 512MB GPU is more than enough.
& also u have 15" monitor :-D

saswat23

Human Spambot
Many members here comment that there is very less difference between 5670 1GB and 512MB.
BTW whats the cost of 512MB card and 5570..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Higher Vram does not mean better performance.

There are mainly three things which directly controls the performance of the Graphic card:

1. Number of Stream processors present in the GPU
2. Memory Bus width
3. Speed of the Vram used.

Now if you have a weak card (less stream processor count) with very high Vram, the GPU is not powerful enough to use the extra Vram.
Actually now ram prices are reduced very much and manufacturers use it as a marketing policy to add more Vram.
There are still some 9600 GT 1.5 GB DDR2 models available to fool the customer.

HD 5670 is a lower-middle level card which cannot use 1 GB memory properly. So there is hardly any performance difference between the 512 MB and the 1 GB version.

Top Bottom