Is there any effect of subsidizing cost of set top box in terms of picture quality?

k.piyush

Right off the assembly line
With the Ministry for Information and Broadcasting subsidizing the cost of set top boxes , I am keen to make a switchover from analogue to digital. I have heard about the benefits of being offered 500 channels. Is it true? Will this improve the picture quality and worth buying a new Smart TV with 3D feature that is being advertised these days?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
image quality is far better than analog, I have been using STB for atleast 5 yrs from hathway. BTW.. these STB are Standard Definition(SD) only. you need to check with your cable operator if he provides 1080i/p HD STB. most DTH operator on the other hand already have HD STB's and HD plans.

EDIT: the picture will look bad even if you use a SD STB with your HDTV . for best picture quality you need to get a HD STB.

Minion

Conversation Architect
if you are going to buy new HDTV get videocon HD STB they provide true 1080i contents and cheaper than most providers.currently i am using my HDTV with videocon SD STB sound and picture is better than our local cable wala going to upgrade it to videocon HD STB.

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
Yes it is indeed true that after just a mere investment into buying a set top box you would get access to around 500 channels.It also promises of superior picture quality that helps you enjoy the HD and 3D viewing experience in an undiluted way. Irrespective of the brand of 3D TV that you buy, be it Samsung , LG or Toshiba, you can expect a better viewing experience with digitization.

Top Bottom