is there a way to access linux partitions 4rm windows using the root pwd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
Didn't understand u. Root passwd? Neways is this what ur looking?? *uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
There are more such tools. But, AFAIK, these tools are good if you want to read from linux partition, but writing to it can corrupt the partition.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I beg to differ with the above user. You can read from reiser partitions using YaReg (*yareg.akucom.de/), and read AND write to Ext3 partitions using EXT2 IFS (*uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/ext2ifs.htm) with no problems.
I have tried both. With EXT2 IFS the linux partition appears as a normal hard disk partition in My Computer

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
are the partitions under LVM gorups readable? for eg, fedora creates the root volume under a LVM group.

though theres no problems as the latest version of ntfs-3g driver works cool.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Chester said:
are the partitions under LVM gorups readable? for eg, fedora creates the root volume under a LVM group.

I do not use LVM as I use these in SuSE. LVM is not default

prasad_den

Padawan
Deviating from the topic..: This might be dumb..:D :D But still.. Now that I know ext2 and ext3 partitions can be accessed and read from Windows..Is it possible in any way to install linux directly through Win XP..??? Any ideas..?

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
try this for ubuntu
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38768

and there are some distros which could run over windows; eg topologilinux

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
prasad_den said:
Deviating from the topic..: This might be dumb..:D :D But still.. Now that I know ext2 and ext3 partitions can be accessed and read from Windows..Is it possible in any way to install linux directly through Win XP..??? Any ideas..?

If such is what you want, It would be best if you stick to using windows for now.

You need to understand, Linux is a real Operating System, and you need to treat it like such.

prasad_den

Padawan
GNUrag said:
If such is what you want, It would be best if you stick to using windows for now.

You need to understand, Linux is a real Operating System, and you need to treat it like such.
:( Ok.. and no..!! I want to know linux..!! :D :D

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Chester said:

Try the beta version of explore2fs (the link mediator gave). That has LVM support and works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom