Is there a software Reduce Quality of ogg files in multiple folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I have recently converted mp3 files to ogg files (for playing in suse 10.1) with dbpoweramp. I just did a windows explorer search, right clicked (dbpoweramp installed) and selected convert. I selected convert to same folder and delete original files, and so i had no problem. But my mistake, i have converted it to the highest quality. My hard disk is now full and over half of my mp3 files are still not converted.

If i try now to convert ogg to ogg at lesser quality, the problem is that dbpoweramp tries to make another file with the same name to rip to and as a result is not able to convert. I don't want to do a lot of copying and pasting as there are over 200 folders. Is there some software which in the interface itself allows to select a bunch of ogg files and reduce its quality to something like 192?

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Option 1. Use Nero. You may prefer to delete the original "ogg" file after converting.

option 2. Use Cool Edit Pro. Use Batch convert. Here also you may prefer to delete the original files.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
@Ramakrishnan: Thank you for your suggestions. I am not sure if i want to buy either nero or cooledit just for converting a few files.

Anyway, thanks for your response. I have just installed media monkey. It is right not reconverting and it seems to be doing the job just fine. (While converting it makes a temporary file with extension .oggx and then deletes the original file unlike dbpoweramp) So it is working fine. Keeping an eye on disk space though. There are 1400 files so it will take some time.

By the way i messed up and over 500 files now have the same album and artist tags. Is there a way to reset them?

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
sure there is. But i am not really that interested. I just want a few drums clanging, a few strings playing and someone mumbling something. <self deprecating humor> :)

I really was running out of disc space, so i did this. What i have done is cda>wav>mp3>ogglarge>ogg.

So i don't worry about quality. It no longer is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom