is the psu right ?????

Tarun

In the zone
hi guys i have a small and stupid question that u have to answer pls help i want some prompt replies
so here i go i have a VIP 400 watts PSU and i have overclocked my HD 5670 to 930/1030 and i ran a furmark test for 2 hours is did not caught any faults then i went for a 3D mark benchmark i looped it and it ran for around 15 mins to 3o mins and everything was fine for the day next day i did almost the same just that the furmark test i ran was for 30 mins and only once i tested it with 3Dmark 06 it was fine and good but the 3rd day when i booted the Overclock was unstable even the basic NFS mostwanted was hanging in between and then the screen had strips of grey (i guess it was grey) and when is bought it down to 800/1000 still it gave me the errors and strips at stock all fine. so what is the excat problem ????????????????? i guess it was my scrap PSU or something else guys pls reply and suggest me a cheap quality PSU for my PC i will not Crossfire in future m sure of it but will go for a 6850 or something like it i aim for a PSU less then 1.5 or around it

Thanx in advance :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
DON'T USE FURMARK. it kills GPU. safest way to test stability is to run a graphics heavy game with everything maxed out.

your gpu most likely has suffered some damage. PSU should handle as even under stress HD5670 needs less than 75W.

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
is #d MArk 06,3Dmark vantage,3Dmark 11 ok than ????????? and can u explain me how does the furmark damage the GPU?? just abit curious to know ;)

one more thing when i auto tuned it with ati catalyst drivers i guess i have installed 11.9 or 11.8 the clock were stable at 890/1140 were as when i try to start a game it does not start up and hangs at black screen i can't go pass 1030 :(

Guys is my GPU damage heavily during furmark test ??? M worried :(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Furmark for 2 hours? :| The application is not in safe hands, uninstall it.

Furmark is NOT a real world stress testing application. It is much much more stressing than normal graphics heavy games are. If you are getting artifacts, switch back to default clocks.

I also wonder why are you OCing to play NFS Most Wanted.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
so, what is it used for?
and for how long should we run it?

Give this a read-
How long to run Furmark for stability test? - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Dont run it more than 15-20 min.
Play games like Metro 2033 at everything maxed out @Dx11

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
i never overclocked it to play nfs mostwanted my younger bro likes to play it i play games like crysis 2, COD 4 6, GTA IV, assissn's creed brotherhood,far cry 2,nfs hot pursuit 2010, and lastly currently playing metro 2033 :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well and good. Don't use Furmark now. And downclock if you're getting artifacts.

Top Bottom