Is the media over-hyping the condition of Indian students in Austrailia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Okay, so I am not quite in sync with the current news but today when I went to school, I was informed that I have been selected for the second round of debate (yay!) and this is the topic on which I need to prepare a speach by the 11th of this month.. so please, can you guys help me by voicing your opinion.

:)

hahaha niaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :p

Anyway, i didnt quite get your question. Are you for or against? Since there are many valid points for both.

Do let me know.

BTW, just for your info, there have suddenly been an increase in racist attacks against foreign students in Oz, especially against Indians. They have been targetted in trains, their homes and even in colleges.

It started with an attack against an Andhra-ite group by a bunch of allegedly drunk Ozzie teens, which led to one of them becoming critically injured and still recuperating in hospital.

After that, another student was attacked in a train, while barely a week later another was attacked in front of his home.

There have been racist attacks in Oz (cab drivers were stabbed by the Ozzie passengers about 2 years ago), but rarely at such an alarming frequency.

Racist attacks are generally out of rage, fear, insecurity or even hate towards the other community. Either the attackers beleive that such communities are ruining their livelihood by taking away their jobs, or that they are destroying their usual surroundings, or that they are too different to be accepted by the attackers. Whatever may be the reason, it's still outrageous and enraging.

That's what I believe has led to media awakening, that many attacks have taken place (against Indians) barely a week away from each other

Hope that helps for now :)

gunda_26

Broken In
Near to indian parliament i.e within 5 km radius of indian parliament,Many indians are killled by BLUELINE buses.Parlaiment and so called respected members did not even pay lip sympathies to killed as well as their bereaved families.while such hue and cry is raised against students being beaten in Australia.Though such acts by aussies gangs are crime against humanity as a whole.We should better care for our own people living in our own jurisdiction,rather than crying too much over what is happening thousands of Kms away.

^awesome point mate... thanks!
Dude, we cant help you completely for the debate, you'll have to figure out some points on your own too.

Trust me, it will be those points that will come to your mind first (those that you found on your own) when you are in a jam. The more points you can think of, the better the chance you have of doing well.

My opinion, since this has helped me in preparing for most debates.

Do post them here (pray that the opposing party is not on TDF) once you get them so that it can be scrutinized, discussed etc.

Just my 2 paisa :)

@gunda_26
Nice point. However, media channels are also giving more coverage to students in Oz, hence the paranoia :|

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^Yeah mate... i wasnt asking for all the points either... I just wanted to know whats happening in Austrailia as I am completely unknown of the current news :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom