is the IGP on ASUS A8N VM CSM powerful enuf???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
deathvirus_me said:
what is AAA ??
bharathbala2003 said:
wel if am not mistaken its a highest setting possible in a graphics
Not really.Actually there is no such term as AAA.I think the term you are looking for is AF or Antistropic filtering @bala.Highest possible setting would mean cracking up the resolutions,setting the visuals to the higest and turning and AA and AF to full.:D

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
wel if am not mistaken its a highest setting possible in a graphics

Well .. NO ... there's nothing as AAA ... well u can take AAA as Adaptive Anti Aliasing .. but its still AA ... and i wonder i good the FX5200 can handle AA ....

and yes i have played COD2 n Battlefield 2 in high setting with snow,fogs etc there was no hitches AT ALL man..

Good ... could u post the settings and the FPS u get at that settings ... i don't reckon even the 6600 doing good with CoD2 , specially with 512 MB ram .. so u must have a extremely good card there ....

n plss don compare 5200 wit IGP man

the 6100 IGP is quite comparable to the 5200 .. infact in most cases i'd recommend the 6100 IGP over FX5200 ...

pls ok i accept 5200 is a bad card but not as bad as a IGP cos i played the games in the same sys without da card n i can tel u leave nfs m/w in ug2 i cldn have the effect of nitro man.. after i installed da card(i got frm a frnd for 500 bucks) there was this drastic change man i can tell u IGP is far worse than a 5200

The 6100 IGP features SM3.0 , absent in the FX5200 .. so in most cases the effects will be the same ...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
AAA is only for ATi and nvidia has SAA or something, but in case you plan to use AA then you need to have atleast a 7900GT/GTX for most games and in some rare cases at least a 7600GT for the new releases that is.

To play todays games:
Absolute min: 512mb
Practical min: 1gb
Recommended: 2gb
Really good though not required: 4gb
Each 6-12months the cycle will goforward a step, in Q1 2007, 1gb will become the min for almost each game and less than 2gb will not be recommened for almost a singel game.

Please tell us your budget and requriement.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
allwyndlima said:
Not really.Actually there is no such term as AAA.I think the term you are looking for is AF or Antistropic filtering @bala.Highest possible setting would mean cracking up the resolutions,setting the visuals to the higest and turning and AA and AF to full.:D

ah yes sorry m8..

@virus sure il do that but not right now as am home for hols.. il do it by month end sure.. da card i have is fx5200 ultra edition 128 mb

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
akshayt said:
but in case you plan to use AA then you need to have atleast a 7900GT/GTX for most games and in some rare cases at least a 7600GT for the new releases that is.
Not quite true.My friend uses an X800XT PE Built By ATI card running on AGP 8X and would still turn the resolutions to 1280x1024 with all the visuals set to max and AA set to 6X and AF set to 8X and yet achieve playable frame rates in most recent games.Once you have resolutions over 1600x1200 it will barely make a difference if you turn on the AA or turn it off as the textures at this point are so close to each other that it would barely show jagged edges visiblity.Except for GRAW for which even forced Anti Aliasing hans't done the trick,Sheez!:mad:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
even a 1800XT can't play recent games at the settings you mentioned, for that you need atleast a 1900XT or maybe even crossfire

X800XT will do at most 10x7 Med-Max(dependdant upon game)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
akshayt said:
even a 1800XT can't play recent games at the settings you mentioned, for that you need atleast a 1900XT or maybe even crossfire

X800XT will do at most 10x7 Med-Max(dependdant upon game)
Dude trust me I have been there done that.:D
This guy could easily throttle the resolution to 1600x1200 in Quake 4 and still achieve smooth frame rates.The resolutions settings hence now have to be set to 1280x1024 to adjust to the recent games.The only problem faced was during the outdoor sequences in The Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion where the card was slaughtered to mere 14 Fps but once indoors it went upto 34.Even tried GRAW,Hitman Blood Money,Dreamfall-The Longest Journey & condemned Criminal Origins at 1280x1024 resolutions(Visuals details maxed)without any hick up's.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Please tell me his complete rig specs and also which games is he talking about.

Do a favour. Actually visit his house and play FEAR.
Set the res to 1280*960 and turn on everythnig to the maximum(excluding AA and AF) and switch on Soft Shadows as well. Download FAER and use the benchmarking utility, play the game for 10 min and please tell the avg,min,max fps as recorded in the file by Fraps.
also, try GRAW, Oblivion and Timeshift and most wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom