Is something wrong with my CD-RW disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

escape7

What? Where? How?
well guys, there were some images on my cd-rw disk, i deleted those images & wrote something else on it. On my friends pc, the images were there, but the files i wrote after deleting the images were not there...strangely though, when i came back and ran the disk, the files were there & the images had "vanished". What's wrong? I have a sony rw drive 52x/32x/52x, and NERO 6.

crashuniverse

In the zone
cd-rw uses data burning on a layerwise pattern, as in new data gets written over the prev data...so the problem may be with the cd-rw

cos prob cant be wid software u r using as its rili the best one
but repeated prob shows prob wid the writer, else relax, it was just the one time case with rw....nothing to worry abt ;)

stalin

Journeyman
Sometime it happens. whenever I burn files in my Samsung Cd writer and check it in other sony writer I can find the old files, new files will not be there. The only option is erase the whole Cd and Burn the new files at very low speed around 8x to 10X

netcracker

Journeyman
I had a simmilar prob too.I Have a disk in which I can see the files and even execute them..but when i try to copy the contents to the HDD it says "DEVICE NOT CONNECTED":(.The only way I could copy was by zipping all the contents and then extracting them.....Very strange:?

OP
escape7

escape7

What? Where? How?
at least u have the contents, my disc shows some contents on one system and something else on the other.

vegeta_killer

Broken In
hi escape dont panic your cd is not curropted AT ALL .....
it's just a data reluctancy problem...
here i try to explane this 2 u...
my first Q?
1.What do u think is realy the size of RWs?
2.hav u ever heared of RAW n overburning......? :twisted:

well RWs are allways 650+ MB :!: u can burn nearly 700 MB over it....ur prob start here if any how u have try to overburn ur disk, it's RAW(RW n AUDIO DISK's file system)or i say allogation table could have damaged bcoz some writers n writing packages does'nt support overburning.
that's why it's show different contents in different machines or OS.(only if u make it multi sessioned or QUICK FORMATED bcoz in bot the cases only RAW is tampered).
if u have never overburn your disk then it have to be that multisession or your attempt to deleate the pic's .
try to use third party softwares like bad copy , easy file recover ,n most important ETC :idea:
tryto recover your file/quick format

overburning can only work with audio n vedio cd's not with data disk n it can realy cause serious damage to your writer ......... so definitely try that... :evil:

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Did you use any other cdburner earlier and then
deleated the files using nero.
Or maybe diffrent versions of windows have diff modes of reading the file system(maybe not)
Any way as the files r visible on ur pc then just backup them and this time do not just delete the files but format the disk.
And avoid multisessions .
Performing multisessions can sometimes damage your blank media(very low probabability)but it has happend to me sometimes.
N last but not the least get urself a dvd burner cos cds are dead nowadays.

vegeta_killer

Broken In
well ..........................

in simple words use any of data recovery software which could re-read quick erase or deleted files on your disk........... n i have allready told u why u got stuck in this .....

ok, if u have ever studed pointers in c/c=c+1 then , just think it of the case of miss pointing pointers or of those nasty crajy wild pointers.

the same they affect your data same RAW miss handeling had done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom