Is software engineering or Computer Sceince engineering a good career?

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
Hello, I want to know that is software engineering or Computer Sceince engineering a good career?:-?
Somebody Says that there is no government jobs for or Computer Sceince engineering or software engineering so this is not good career as compare to other and also says that software engineer in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi ETC are getting Salary 8000/month only:shock: :shock:. Is this true... Please tell me.. I am very interested in Software engineering or Computer Sceince engineering. If this is true then my dream will break:cry: :-( :cry: :-( . So I am in very suspense....Please answer it quickly.....!

Well, Software Engineering is the best job in terms of pay/stress. But Software Engineering is not programming. there are many other stuffs like sdlc, dfm, and many more stuff, it's like a management sort of job. Every Software Engineering can also be a programmer but the reverse is not true. Computer engineers are more of mathematicians. they calculate algorithm's complexities, OS's memory patterns and stuffs I hate to listen too :D Do what drives you intellectually rather than what makes your family happy! You'll be burning under stress if you do something which you don't like.

the problem is that, there are lacks of programmers released every year in India alone, so you have to shine out of crowd to make good progress. And there are Govt. jobs in cse.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
CSE is better in terms of job opportunities but only if you do it from a good engg. college.if you do it from dime-a-dozen engg. college which you will get if you don't get a good rank in AIEEE/JEE-MAIN exam then it is no better than any other engg. degree.for now just focus on getting a good rank in competition & leave everything else for later.

CSE is better in terms of job opportunities but only if you do it from a good engg. college.if you do it from dime-a-dozen engg. college which you will get if you don't get a good rank in AIEEE/JEE-MAIN exam then it is no better than any other engg. degree.for now just focus on getting a good rank in competition & leave everything else for later.
true. When an XYZ company visits a dime-a-dozen engg. college, they may give a package of 2.5-3.5 L, and the same company goes to a Govt. college in the same city and the min. package becomes 5 L. College matters a lot in this case.

OP
ankit.kumar010203

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
Oh yes You are correct. But can you tell me that how can I prepare me in the feild of cse or se? I am in class 9 and i am doing very good in maths, physics, chemistry and computer programming(i know the basic of c++, QBASIC, c and many more on web programming). I am learning from thenewboston.org

true. When an XYZ company visits a dime-a-dozen engg. college, they may give a package of 2.5-3.5 L, and the same company goes to a Govt. college in the same city and the min. package becomes 5 L. College matters a lot in this case.

If i am best one in the crowd of cse(i said best like bill gates, steve jobs) and studying in IIT then which pacage i will get?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you are confusing entrepreneurship/creativity with intelligence.bill gates & steve jobs were not geniuses like Einstein or newton but rather exceptionally brilliant entrepreneurs/businessman.also these two started their own companies instead of taking up jobs in others' companies.like i said before first get a good rank in JEE-MAIN & then think about the rest.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
The top package holder of CSE branch will alone own half the masses of any other "core" branch.

PS: This is just to give you a vague idea what you can achieve.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Hello, I want to know that is software engineering or Computer Sceince engineering a good career?:-?
Somebody Says that there is no government jobs for or Computer Sceince engineering or software engineering so this is not good career as compare to other and also says that software engineer in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi ETC are getting Salary 8000/month only:shock: :shock:. Is this true... Please tell me.. I am very interested in Software engineering or Computer Sceince engineering. If this is true then my dream will break:cry: :-( :cry: :-( . So I am in very suspense....Please answer it quickly.....!

relative to your decision and talent , there can be huge difference in these two "Computer Sceince engineering" and "SW engineering"...you will get to know when you'll be at college level. and about that 8K salary, there are distinctions and categories in grade in every job where the differential of pay is great. A bank sub-staff is still a bank employee with less pay grade, that doesnt mean anyone can be tagged a "5K per month" banker. In UK an average floor cleaner in any Onshore Office of Vendors earns a lilttle less than a average tech lead in India..almost touching. So scaling doesnt come into picture untill and unless you are in the graph in the right position. And there is lot to learn for you, dont rush on conclusions now, wait and watch, in next 5-6 years upto ur graduation the whole world will change in information sector. Why are so tensed hearing all these ill-information about IT? its time for you to learn, study well, perform well in exams, relax and enjoy school days.

Top Bottom