Is Sify Broadband Ltd. unsatisfactory in services? Your experiences with Sify ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Lee

Broken In
Hey Digit guys,

I am currently using Sify internet and I an fed up with the annoyances I bought along with their internet!

I many times get 'request timed out' or sometimes LAN gateway is repying but still I cannot connect.

I have observed that many times,I face this connectivity problem after 10 PM. Till 10 PM,annoyances are not much.

The thing here is after 10 PM,my free hours start.I wonder if somebody may be purposely doing this to avoid me using my bandwidth.I am particularly puzzled by the thing that why it happens almost all times 10 PM.After I complained about this issue,things got worse.I have connectivity issues even in day times.

I want to know how many other users of Sify broadband are facing or have faced similar problems.

I have decided,next month,no renewal of account with Sify!

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
i seriously request you to go in for a REAL broadband connection . Airtel n BSNL r the most reliable n u can be rest assured that u'll get speeds in excess of 256 kbps with them.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Yeah chuck Sify and go to BSNL.
My friends says that Sify sucks.
Airtel might be a good option too.
But it depends on your usage pattern.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I used sify for 2 years and have christened it Shitty Fraudband

Dump them and go for watever alternative you can get.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
it sux personal experience ... they dont renew ur account even if u giv a request 3 days b4 ... if they renew they wont come and collect the chk on time there by disconnect u for a day or 2 ... their hardware sux ... their some kinda switch keeps tripping evry now and then as a result no internet and wen i tell them to chk it they will rectify it but not change the bloody faulty hardware .... their dialer pops up 2 windows tht slow ur pc ... their dialer spreads malware

I guess it depends on city to city....or even locality to locality.

It's strange that Sify cyber cafes work round-the-clock without any glitches?

mkmkmk

In the zone
All the problems u pepole face are due to local cable operators,sify have made biggest mistake by taking help of LCO's.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I am also using Sify. What is written is 100% true. I am highly dissatisfied with their service and quality. After 10.00 pm, It is free for all in terms of shitty service and speed.

The the local cablewallah is also charging Rs.100 pM as maintenance!!!

Last edited:
OP
A

Adam Lee

Broken In
Thankyou all for the links and taking time to share your experiences.
I thought that something was wrong only with my PC and connections but now I know that its the same story with other Sify customers.

So everybody......'lets kick Sify and turn to some 'good' ISP.'

BTW, 'Shitty Fraudband' is the perfect name as was suggested in this thread!:grin:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
I am using Sify 256kbps unlimited. No issues for me. If there are any, the problem is resolved in minutes after my call to their hotline. but this happens once in 7-10 days.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
kumarmohit said:
I used sify for 2 years and have christened it Shitty Fraudband

Dump them and go for watever alternative you can get.

i support u..

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
a company where broadband exists in name, its actual plans are never near to broadband specially for High bandwith requirements of users like me. they block P2p programs, put a cap unlimited night @150mb.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
gary4gar said:
a company where broadband exists in name, its actual plans are never near to broadband specially for High bandwith requirements of users like me. they block P2p programs, put a cap unlimited night @150mb.
who told they block p2p?? i am using p2p(lime ware) and torrents(mu torrent)for last 3yrs with sify!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
whilst on the topic does any1 know how i can block the 2 pop-ups that the sify dialer opens once logged in??????

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Tell me that to, not that I use Sify anymore but I wud like to help anyone who is still stuck.

BTW the client does not seem to have any working alternative anymore. For me both easysify and supersify stopped working around an year back when they forced their stupid firewall.

OP
A

Adam Lee

Broken In
mAV3 said:
any1 with an option to halt those un-wanted pop-ups

I have firewalled it.
I use comodo personal firewall.

My settings are:
When iexplore.exe is started by the parent process bb_custommessage.exe,deny that connection.

So the IE windows open up but it shows 'No page to display-could nt find server'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom