Is Sapphire HD 5770 overkill for 19" LCD Monitor?And few other suggestion too?

clerkman1612

Journeyman
Guys I visited SMC International (Nehru Place Market,Delhi) 2 days ago and Computer Empire (Same market) today:clap2:. I don't have the list of price of SMC International Shop coz that page is with my dad but I do have Computer Empire Shop Price with myself.I will post SMC International Shop Prices as soon as Dad give me that page. I am posting now the prices of Computer Empire Shop for my gaming Rig.
AMD Phenom II * 4 945 3.0 GHZ + MSI 880GMA - E45 (Rs 11300)

Kingston 2*2 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM(Rs 1180 * 2)
Sapphire ATI HD 5770 1 G.B GDDR5(RS 7950)
LG LCD 19" Monitor (Rs 5850) or Samsung LCD 19" Monitor(Rs 5700)
LG DVD-Rw 22X (Rs 830)
CM Elite 310(Rs 1450)
Normal Keyboard + Mouse (Rs 250 or 550 or 640 :- Depending on model or brand)
Corsair VX 550 (Rs 4800)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - Bit only (Rs 5800)
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit + 64-Bit (Rs 6900)

Now my question plz
Is HD 5770 overkill for 19" Monitor?:)(I cannot afford a more expensive graphics card than this one)
Is Windows 32-Bit + 64-Bit combo useful as compared to its prices? or is it waste of money?And What that (scheme) means?(sorry Stupid question)
And SMC is best or Computer Empire is best(seeing RMA and gaurantee point?):banghead:
My Dad wants to give payment by Cheque(Due to Income Tax Returns prob)?So SMC accepts cheque?:chinscratch:
Plz guys help me?(of course Digit Forums Experts have already help me a lot in
these months for suggesting me a good Gaming Rig (seeing my budget) and I want to Say Thanks :wink:to all of u for that.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well can't help you regarding ut SMC related queries but regarding your query for HD 5770, I think it is a best buy and a better future proof solution if you wanna use that resolution for coming years.
All the current generation games can be playable at their highest settings (apart from some games like Metro 2033) and also the upcoming games too.

OP
clerkman1612

clerkman1612

Journeyman
Cilus Bhai!
Does Sapphire HD 5770 and MSI HD 5770 makes a difference in more and better performance as compared to their price differnence?(Sorry I m bit paranoid about lagging performance in latest games?):neutral: And one more question?
IF A OS suppose Windows 7 64-Bit is installed in my computer and then DirectX 11 Version is put in it then will those games which was made for DirectX 9.0 Version (aka Windows XP) will work properly?:-?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ clerkman1612

Buddy why don't you try the gtx 460. Maybe you can get one at the price of a 5770 and gtx 460 is more powerful. Try getting the 1gb version or if price is high, settle for 768mb vram.

Cilus

laborare est orare
vickybat, GTX 460 768 MB is still 9 to 10K.

clerkman1612, the HD 5770 is having a better Cooling solution. So it can be overclocked higher to get more performance.

And yes, you can play all the DIrectX 9 games in DirectX 11.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
5770 is not overkill for a 19" monitor...it is future proof too....but if you can acomodate the 460 in your budget go for it...

The MSI one is factory OC'ed at 875 mhz

abirthedevil

In the zone
if i were you ii would beg my dad for 4k more and get a bigger monitor and get gtx460 or 6850, i know how hard it is when they dont understand anything about tech :p

btw price of the OS is scary

OP
clerkman1612

clerkman1612

Journeyman
if i were you ii would beg my dad for 4k more and get a bigger monitor and get gtx460 or 6850, i know how hard it is when they dont understand anything about tech :p

btw price of the OS is scary

abirthedevil
What price should be reasonable for that Windows OS (Win 7 64-Bit Home Premium)?:-?

:offtopic:
And I tried hard to make Dad increase my New Gaming Rig Budget. But He was very strict that why the budget was tight.:p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is Windows 32-Bit + 64-Bit combo useful as compared to its prices? or is it waste of money?And What that (scheme) means?(sorry Stupid question)
It's your wish. The combo's price is hardly above the price of normal Windows 7 64bit. Personally, I'd have gone for the combo but only used the 64bit version.

My Dad wants to give payment by Cheque(Due to Income Tax Returns prob)?So SMC accepts cheque?:chinscratch:
lol, you could have asked SMC itself about payment through Cheque as you visited them. :p I'm sure that they do accept Cheque.

@ clerkman1612

Buddy why don't you try the gtx 460. Maybe you can get one at the price of a 5770 and gtx 460 is more powerful. Try getting the 1gb version or if price is high, settle for 768mb vram.
The cheapest Zotac GTX 460 768MB @ SMC is priced at dot 10k. 1GB version @ 11.5k. No idea whether the OP can go for it or not. MSI HD 5770 is priced at 7.8k @ SMC.

Last edited:

abirthedevil

In the zone
abirthedevil
What price should be reasonable for that Windows OS (Win 7 64-Bit Home Premium)?:-?

:offtopic:
And I tried hard to make Dad increase my New Gaming Rig Budget. But He was very strict that why the budget was tight.:p

but the bigger monitor and better gpu would somewhat future proof your buy, i call upon you to call out all your patience from every fiber in your body:grin: and save for sometime and buy a great gaming rig in place of a good one btw check PM:twisted:

Top Bottom