Is Nokia shutting down by 2014-15? :"( Whats the future of Nokia Handset ?

sainath

Android Addicted
Re: ►► Is Nokia shutting down by 2014-15? :"( Whats the future of Nokia Handset ?

But within Rs.10k none of android are good. i hope Nokia will launch new phone with android. :)

but within 10k none of Nokia's phones are good.

ajaymailed

In the zone
Re: ►► Is Nokia shutting down by 2014-15? :"( Whats the future of Nokia Handset ?

Total Operating revenue for FY 2011 was 50 bn+ USD.
it doesn't matter much when they lost 1.4 billion euro, what they need is healthy market share. Their market share fell reducing their sales & profits but their expenses remained the same leading to loss. They spend same amount on R&D, Marketing like the times when they had big profits.

they probably just need one successful Windows phone model to gain the market share back.
While Symbian is getting massacred by Android, Windows may not be enough to save Nokia.

Last edited:

ujjwal321

Journeyman

The rate at which Nokia is declining it won't take more than a couple of years for it to go bankrupt.. it's future lies in the future of windows phone 7 which is still a rarely used platform.. to keep things simple if windows phone cannot catch up to android or ios it will go bankrupt and non other than Microsoft will buy it..

masterkd

Padawan

But when i hear that my friends having battery problem in their Android Mobile from cheap to expensive set. (Galaxy Y to Galaxy S2, NOTE) then i just smile. :lol: all android mobile has Battery problem, overheating problem etc.
If you know how to save power in a droid then battery backup of droids are not bad at all..I'm totally satisfied with my Note's battery..see this..and droids don't overheat..you feel the heat because they are slim.

About the future of these cheap android mobile... well, it ain't bright. Eventually people are going to learn (maybe by hard way) that cheap Android phones do not deserve to be called even an "Android". They are "LolDroids". :lol:

But for people who wants the three F's : Functionality, Features and the Freedom to customize to their heart's content, an Android will be their default choice.

Well Said!!

Nokia wont shut down so early. Its not a small company and if required they might deviate from their policy and embrace Android.
From hardware perspective, Nokia still makes very strong hardware(or procures, eg look at gorilla glass display strength, its awesome)

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent

Wait for some time and everyone will see new breed of nokia phone with android installed on it

clmlbx

Technomancer

Does no one see's potential of windows in Nokia..? I think it will rock after an year or so...

Big reason to popularity of s40 phones and s60 phone were that they were very easy to use.. I know many people they say I don't care what os is in it .. It should just have good screen,battery, play videos and songs.. and Good camera that's it.. no apps nothing..where nokia beats every one.. and windows is easy to use.. it does has basic limitation which will be solved soon.. and then windows will prevail..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Does no one see's potential of windows in Nokia..? I think it will rock after an year or so...

Yeah right. And Android meanwhile will sit in the corner of a room and watch it happen.
It will be improved manifolds till then. Not saying this as a fanboy but because its backed up by the company which is known for its innovation. :)

clmlbx

Technomancer

no I am not comparing it to android.. they will lead in different categories.. I am talking about simplicity.. android is not that simple to use .. where windows is.. There are many who are nokia fans and who loves simplicity.. from elders.. to one who are not geeks..

noob

Cyborg Agent

no I am not comparing it to android.. they will lead in different categories.. I am talking about simplicity.. android is not that simple to use .. where windows is.. There are many who are nokia fans and who loves simplicity.. from elders.. to one who are not geeks..

who told you that Android is not simple ? A female friend of mine got Galaxy Ace. I just told her that she can get everything from Play store and 2 weeks later when i checked her phone , it was with Go launcher , GO SMS etc. i.e she customized it to suit her needs.... She is not a geek but still figured out the stuff.

So usage depends on the person. No matter which OS one uses,a n00b will always be a n00b.

it does has basic limitation which will be solved soon.. and then windows will prevail..
No. Those basic limitations wont be solved. esp Zune, BT file transfer, File manager, Customization...etc such things wont change no matter which WP OS version you are on.

If i have to live with such limitations , i will prefer to buy an iPhone instead of WP. ( yeah cost is the factor for many to choose WP. I understand that) Also given the snail speed development of WP OS , i dont think Nokia will survive. Blame Mr. Elop for downfall of Nokia. TO me it seems like perfect plan of MS to bring down Nokia and then buy them.

clmlbx

Technomancer

I don't think MS or nokia are Idiots to not solve those issues.. if they don't it will die for sure..

simplicity and smoothness matters, and it is not about noobs some just don't care.. I am big fan of android.. I don't say android is hard to use but windows is simpler..

noob

Cyborg Agent

I don't think MS or nokia are Idiots to not solve those issues.. if they don't it will die for sure..

simplicity and smoothness matters, and it is not about noobs some just don't care.. I am big fan of android.. I don't say android is hard to use but windows is simpler..

It wont be solved because that's the rigid stuff in OS. e.g you will never see a file manager on WP/iOS ever. you will never see Zune going away (even if it does, there will be some other software to sync. but dependency on PC suite/software will be still there to do basic things like file transfers.

robbinghood

Journeyman

If Nokia Embraces Android, Samsung will have competition!

Sujeet

Undead!!!

And you thought Nokia-Microsoft Deal was just about "Windows Phone Powered Nokia SamrtPhones"..............."Nokia Tab+Windows 8 RT"...

*www.neowin.net/images/uploaded/nokia-tiviti-9210.png

NOKIA
Tiviti 9210 with Windows RT

Processor: Dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Pro Snapdragon S4
Dimensions: 260.2 x 177.5 x 8.8 mm
Weight: 575g

Display:
10.1" capacitive multitouch display
Super IPS+ LCD | ClearBlack | 1920x1200px Full HD
Corning Gorilla Glass 2

Storage and memory:
32GB/64GB integrated local storage + SkyDrive cloud storage
1GB SDRAM

Power management:
Integrated 7700mAh battery for up to 12 hours of usage

Connectivity:
Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
Bluetooth 4.0
4G LTE | UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA | CDMA EV-DO Rev.A | GSM/EDGE
DLNA/PlayTo
Micro USB
3.5mm AHJ connector

Imaging with Carl Zeiss Optics:
Front camera: 2MP for video calling
Rear camera: 8MP
- Rear F number / aperture: 2.2
- Camera focal length: 28mm
- Video recording with rear camera, Full HD (1080p) up to 30fps with stereo audio capture

Sensors:
Accelerometer | Ambient light sensor | Assisted GPS + GLONASS | Compass | Gyroscope | Proximity sensor

Hardware keys:
Power | Volume | Camera | Rotation lock | Windows button

Top Bottom