Is Nexus 7(16 GB,WIfi) the best deal for Rs 7999 ?

Tarun Singh

Banned
Flipkart is selling Nexus 7 2012 version for Rs 7999 here : Google Nexus 7 2012 Tablet But I am afraid what if I get a defective tablet with issues like screen flickering and all that problems reviewers are saying.Please someone help me out.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes it's the best deal. You can't expect 100% to be happy. Even if you buy from shop locally, there's no guarantee that you won't face any problem. So if 90% people are not facing any problem, then flipkart is not the problem, problem is the defective product, which can even happen in some local shop.

If you face any problem you can escalate the issue to Customer Care. May be Asus will provide you with a replacement / repair.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Buy it ASAP... And, even in the unlikely event that you get a defective product, Flipkart's replacement policy is one of the most robust and reliable around!!! :-D

Hrishi

It's a steal. As far as. Defective product is concerned, flipkart has 30 days replacement policy.

$hadow

Geek in making
I pad 15k for the same device and now it is available for 8k. Well it is a steal at that point.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I was thinking about this myself but the only deal breaker for me is that I cant use a sim and get it connected to interenet while away from home.

ashs1

Padawan
I was thinking about this myself but the only deal breaker for me is that I cant use a sim and get it connected to interenet while away from home.

isn't it possible to use internet dongles on this device( unrooted device ) ??

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
All thanks to google for bringing us this technology at such dirt cheap prices. A year ago, the only "good" option in this range were Ainol Tablets. However, with their current offerings and crappy processors, they are not worth it. My Ainol Venus sucks at gaming and i had purchased it for 7k

Nexus 7 2012 with Tegra 3 and superior GPU is far far better and is absolute VFM for 8k.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
isn't it possible to use internet dongles on this device( unrooted device ) ??

Good question.. I have to look for this option.. Btw, I bought the device 10 minutes back thinking of using my mobile as hotspot while on travel and browse internet on Nexus 7 if required :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I bought Nexus 7 at 8999 just 47 days ago. :p
And yea you can use 3G dongles with it. I have posted the guide/steps in this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...oting-dual-booting-ubuntu-touch-10-steps.html ;)

$hadow

Geek in making
I bought Nexus 7 at 8999 just 47 days ago. :p
And yea you can use 3G dongles with it. I have posted the guide/steps in this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...oting-dual-booting-ubuntu-touch-10-steps.html ;)
But the update are more likely to end soon. So do you still suggest it as a tab.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
But the update are more likely to end soon. So do you still suggest it as a tab.

XDA come to your rescue. You will have an idea of how devs at XDA keeps a device alive by the following example:

I have a 3 yr old phone, LG Optimus One P500, and which was only supported till Gingerbread. But thanks to the awesome devs at XDA, I am currently running Jellybean on it while plans for porting Kitkat is also under the rugs. And other than the hardware limitation of the 3 yr old phone, I have no complaint regarding the goodness JB provided.

I can only imagine what the support for Nexus will be there being the most development friendly device ever.

Hrishi

XDA come to your rescue. You will have an idea of how devs at XDA keeps a device alive by the following example:

I have a 3 yr old phone, LG Optimus One P500, and which was only supported till Gingerbread. But thanks to the awesome devs at XDA, I am currently running Jellybean on it while plans for porting Kitkat is also under the rugs. And other than the hardware limitation of the 3 yr old phone, I have no complaint regarding the goodness JB provided.

I can only imagine what the support for Nexus will be there being the most development friendly device ever.
Yeah.
Getting a device on android 4.X from 2.3.x requires hell lots of effort. In fact a new kernel is required for smooth operation. You must have various drivers too.
But the guys at XDA do it like a piece of cake. Now here the device we are talking about is TEH Nexus tab. Its definitely not going to be obsolete, so easily.
The community is really huge for Nexus devices.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent

Well, the P500 was released on October 2010, the same time as my Defy was released...
Now, the defy is on stable KitKat 4.4.1(Not 4.4 but 4.4.1!!!!!!:wink:) and the ROM can be used as a daily driver!!! Remarkable for a device that was available with just Eclair (2.1) at release!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Those devs out there, at xda or grupoandroid, etc etc are truly amazing!!!!:):cool:

Top Bottom