is my PSU and cpu stock cooler sufficient?

hzant6681

Right off the assembly line
hi i'm new to the digit forum,i recently built a gaming rig its my first experience and also had a tight budget.system specs are

athlon x4 635 2.9ghz Oc to 3.12 ghz Stock cooler
Asrock 890gm pro3 mobo
4gb kingston ddr3 1666mhz
sea gate barracuda 160gb hd
western digital caviar green 500gb hd
asus eah5770 cucore graphics card
moser baer DVD rw drive
Frontech platinum 450w true power PSU
Zebronics antibiotics with temp LCD cabinet (modified) fans-front 120mmcoolermaster intake,2 side 80mm coolermaster intake,back 120mm & 80mm cooler master exhaust,top 80mm coolermaster exhaust

my concern is my modified cabinet good enough for midsize gaming rig.do i need a new cpu cooler or can my stock cooler handle the current tweak( i dont intend to oc more than this)if yes please suggest a good cpu cooler within 3-4k keeping in mind the available brands in india

also is the frontech PSU good enough for my system if not please suggest a good PSU brand within 3k

please help me

omg...zebronics psu and 5770?? you are gonna face a nuclear disaster mate... :O
get rid of that psu now....and you'll need an aftermarket cooler if you want to OC more...

PSU -- Corsair VX450 @3.5k
Cooler -- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 @1.3k
<--OC all the way upto to 3.3-3.5GHz with this baby installed..

Total --> 4.8k...which is well within the total budget of 6-7k you mentioned...

OP
H

hzant6681

thanks guys gaurav and tech freak

one more advice is 450 watts psu enough or should i go for 500w-600w and any comments on the my cab cooling layout

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
450 Watt PSU is enough,branded one that is....Corsair VX450.....if you plan on adding another graphics card (cross fire/Sli) then you may choose 500 watt..

OP
H

hzant6681

thanks again guys yes i intend to upgrade my gpu may be a year later
now ajai's put me in dilemma shud i go for corsairvx 450 or fps saga ii 500w or i was thinkin coolermaster gx550

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ quick answer: avoid Cooler Master GX series. or avoid whole cooler master. get FSP Saga II series or Corsair CX400W. but if you can, get VX450W.

OP
H

hzant6681

avoid coolermaster!? y i thought it is a good brand or maybe on par with likes of fsp,corsair...also coolermaster brands are available more readily than others in my city......please help me shud i seriously avoid coolermaster brands!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
avoid coolermaster!? y i thought it is a good brand or maybe on par with likes of fsp,corsair...also coolermaster brands are available more readily than others in my city......please help me shud i seriously avoid coolermaster brands!!

cooler master is good. but Extreme Power is terrible. & GX series has numerous problem. rest are good but costly than its competitor products. so just avoid Extreme power (or Extreme power+) as well as GX. don't be fooled by its high rating.

OP
H

hzant6681

thanks sam for ur advice..one last one can u suggest me any model in FSP or corsair with 2 PCIe connectors just to be future proof saga ii500 has only one

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you can use converter provided with the GPU. 2Xmolex to 6-pin or similar converter are usually provided with GPU. same is the case with VX450W. both can power a HD6850.

OP
H

hzant6681

gaurav,sam,tech freak,ajaii thanks a lot for ur suggestions and advice i finally bought corsair 600gs psu and cm hyperN520 today from b'lore just reached home feeling satisfied and relieved that from 2mrw my system's gonna run on a good PSU and will be cool inside...i hope u guys too feel right about my purchases...

gaurav,sam,tech freak,ajaii thanks a lot for ur suggestions and advice i finally bought corsair 600gs psu and cm hyperN520 today from b'lore just reached home feeling satisfied and relieved that from 2mrw my system's gonna run on a good PSU and will be cool inside...i hope u guys too feel right about my purchases...

You should have avoided Corsair GS Series.

Top Bottom