is my move correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
me too having HP Pavilion (a1210in):D

i uninstalled Norton & am using Kaspersky Internet Security & ZoneAlarm Pro.
boot up time is less than 45seconds (frm login page, overall = near 2mins) (i have only 256MB RAM)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well mine duos are nod32 and ashampoo firewall.

AVG is not that all good, instead antivir is best in free antivirus (though the interface may seem bland).

shantanu

Technomancer
why you guys use AV , :D:D:D just joking , never inmy life i installed a AV, had in 2002, when i bought a P4 of HCL, that too norton 2001, after that naa, i never installed any AV, yeah beta tested some from kapersky, loved there products, but not using any >>> :D:D:D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
so you dont use AV hmmm:D, how about i give you a Link:D

how come your Vista is running (without any problem) without AV:confused:

shantanu

Technomancer
coz i am running it, really i never had problems with VISTA, everything runs on it, nero,games,office :D and all other APPs. acrobat 8 etc. everything...

and really i never installed an AV:D which link ??? :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
"Those" links:D, virus/trojan in a "software's disguise" links:D.

btw is it reall a good idea to browse without AV???
good browsing habit is must, but what if you get a direct link (virus as s/w) from trusted party(self forwarding e-mails), & what about Yahoo Messengers...

shantanu

Technomancer
sometime back my PC was infected first time by a brontok worm , i came to know this coz my firewall blocked some : webrontok.exe to access internet, as i run X64 edition, so planning some AV is difficult and till now only AVG business edition has been aproved by M$ to access VISTA's kernel, so no AV would work,, what is did,
i just ran the windows vista health and integrity test bundled with it, it showed me some files as to be edited and asked me for vista DVD and here you go, vista is again virus free, even all reg, enties and all were fixed, isnt it gr8..

shantanu

Technomancer
hmmm, i keep all my files(docs,reports, programs and all) in the locker software provided to US by M$,, and its virus free,spy free and itself free.. :D:D

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
shantanu_webmaster said:
why you guys use AV , :D:D:D just joking , never inmy life i installed a AV, had in 2002, when i bought a P4 of HCL, that too norton 2001, after that naa, i never installed any AV, yeah beta tested some from kapersky, loved there products, but not using any >>> :D:D:D

Bizaree! One will never come to know that his/her PC is infected till an AntiVirus and AntiSpyware software is installed and scanned. Shantanu, Install a good antivirus and antispyware software and perform a full scan. I bet you that you will be annoyed to see the infections. If not Virus, I am sure you will be having atleast 10's of Spywares.

tango_cash

In the zone
i use norton 2005 and i am satisfied with it. everybody here says norton is bad.
cud u ppl tell me apart from slowing ur p.c (i have lot of ram so no problem with me) has norton caused any other problem???
any case where ur free antiviruses like avg or others detected something which norton did not????

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
any case where ur free antiviruses like avg or others detected something which avg did not???
:D

happened with me, when the Norton's license expired (provided with HP Pavilion PC), i installed AVG Free & it detected 6-7 virus/trojan.

to try Norton's power, open limewire & download any file, sized @ less than 1MB (its virus/trojan), Norton will not detect anything. (scan with AVG & it'll detect the culprit)

shantanu

Technomancer
as per recommendation by Kiran_tech_mania , i installed AVG business solution complete security package, and scanned my system (vista), :D:D:D

as i said before so virus,SPYWARE or anything, (this happens coz As vista comes with defender, so it does not allows anything to pass by.

BUT really a user shoudl have an AV etc. installed, mine is an expection :D:D, but this cant be with everyone, might be my luck till date... :D:D

OP
abhi_10_20

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
yup, installed AVG 7.5.........
good thing is, every it gets updated when PC starts....

really dunno, if you guys claim AVG is such good, then why is it free of cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom