Is MX 518 worth the bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Well, i m interested in buying a new mouse for my PC. The mouse should be either optical or laser. The one that i found interesting was Logitech MX 518. But it costs around Rs 3k. Is it good enough for that amt , coz some of my friends here say that there r cheaper substitutes available with same performance.
Any advice ???

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
The MX 518 is a great mouse, especially for gaming. But the price is a little steep for a mouse that isn't even cordless. You get a cordless keyboard and mouse set for less.

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
drvarunmehta said:
The MX 518 is a great mouse, especially for gaming. But the price is a little steep for a mouse that isn't even cordless. You get a cordless keyboard and mouse set for less.

Yeah..thst what i was asking abt...does MX518 offer good value for money or will cheaper substitutes be better?
I want a mouse that runs a long time...atleast 2-3 yrs.

fnatic@play

Broken In
MX518 and now, the new G5 are GAMING mice. UNCOMPROMISED performance.. and MEANT only for a gamer at heart.. or if u work wit things that require ultra high precision and control... and it is usually a gamer who needs tat..

for 3k .. is MORE than worth. btw.. a 518 wil cost only abt 2.5k....
and g5 retails for 3.5k

i own a g5.. yeah.. i am a hardcore gamer.. its is somethin u gotta feel ... its >>>>>>> than a ordinary mouse.
any more details needed? - post!

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Well, i found a few other mice-makin' companies....and theses are very cheap( almost half) compared to Logitech. Just c these and tell me if I could go for one of them-:

(1) *www.indmall.com/products.asp?prod=30110&cat=95&
(2) *www.indmall.com/products.asp?prod=11376&cat=95& (matches MX518)
(3) *www.indmall.com/products.asp?prod=11377&cat=95& (matches G5)

Tell me if u guys like any1 of these

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Hey guys...plz tell me whats so special in logitech that makes MX518 so costly comapred to genius and iball....i need some help quick

darklord

Cyborg Agent
MysticHalo said:
drvarunmehta said:

Yeah..thst what i was asking abt...does MX518 offer good value for money or will cheaper substitutes be better?

Gaming grade Mice are never cordless/bluetotth blah blah....for obvious reasons my friend. :wink:

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
darklord said:
MysticHalo said:
drvarunmehta said:

Gaming grade Mice are never cordless/bluetotth blah blah....for obvious reasons my friend. :wink:

arey, mujhe cordless nahi chahiye....par kya iball aur genius jyaada kifayti rahenge?

darklord

Cyborg Agent
No.
Iball sucks.
Logitech is not stupid enough to charge a premium for their mice.

They are much better.More precise than any cheapo crap.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@darklord: The new Logitech G7 is a wireless gaming grade mouse.

@MysticHalo: It's the quality of the sensor and build quality that makes Logitech more expensive. But you get your money's worth. I recently switched from a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Wireless to the G5 and I can vouch for the better precision that this one offers compared to other optical mice.

But for general users, a gaming grade mouse is mostly overkill. A basic Logitech/MS optical mouse is good enough for everyday use.

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
So Logitech it will be, most probably MX 518. Thanks Nemesis,ashnik,darklord,drvarun
But my friend, who has G5 says the mouse is uncontrollable at 2000dpi, hence he plays on 800 dpi. So is that a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom