Is L.A.Noire gameplay similar to MAFIA II?

digitaltab

In the zone
i have decided to buy L.A.Noire PC, as the ratings say it as almost perfect.
but before buying it i would like to know if the gameplay is similar to mafia 2?
and the other similarities with mafia 2.
also, i have read on other sites and a one or two threads here that game contains bugs and installation errors, is that true?
because i am saving for mass effect3 and i don't want to invest if it contains bugs like there were in battlefield 3.
thanks,

tkin

Back to school!!
No, unlike Mafia 2 which is fast paced, its slow paced, requires patience, and damn hard, not worth buying over ME3.

Plus, gameplay lacks fun.

Alok

Adventurer
No , its very different. You can't open your gun anywhere.

Its story driven detective/crime based game , open world like gta.

Krow

Crowman
LA Noire devs don't get any money from new purchases anymore. Consider that before buying. :) Will post link, read it earlier today.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
L.A Noire puts more focus on the adventure segment rather than the action sequences. If you're looking for an action oriented game, LA Noire doesn't have enough of it. Then again , you do play the role of a Detective and the game succeeds in that part at least.

I highly recommend you try Saints Row 2 or 3 though , loads of fun.

gameranand

Living to Play
If you are saving for ME3 then save it.
As for similarity both are very different games. In one you are rule breaker and in other you are rule enforcerer. I guess this difference is more than enough.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
hmm, thanks all for the replies, i'll first confirm the savings for me3, and if i'll have some extra cash i'll go for it...

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
ME3 might play like ME2, but nothing plays like LA Noire. Just saying. Its just that they could have fine tuned the pc version more.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
L.A Noire is more on the lines of investigation and case solving, which includes, minor doses of action/chase sequences. However, it's not the action which you should be looking for, but it's the way you solve each case and thus unfolding it's storyline.

The gameplay is not similar to Mafia 2. Mafia 2 is more along the lines of GTA, or very close to it. L.A Noire has a very different approach. I have briefly summarized it in this thread: L.A. Noire Thread

Bear in mind, I had completed the game on the 360, which was virtually flawless, so I'm not sure about the PC version. However, if you're saving up for Mass Effect 3 and don't have enough cash for this game, then simply skip it. Mass Effect 3 needs to be on top priority. If you have completed 1 & 2, then I need not explain the obvious reasons for it. ;)

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
thanks vamsi and ethan, i think i've got enough to go for it, its just that i'll not be able to buy the n7 collector edition of me3, but i think standard edition will work, i am gonna buy L.A. Noire, from shopping.indiatimes.com, they are selling it for 819 bucks.. :)

@ethan: going to read your l.a. noire experience now:rolleyes:

Tachyon1986

In the zone
thanks vamsi and ethan, i think i've got enough to go for it, its just that i'll not be able to buy the n7 collector edition of me3, but i think standard edition will work, i am gonna buy L.A. Noire, from shopping.indiatimes.com, they are selling it for 819 bucks.. :)

@ethan: going to read your l.a. noire experience now:rolleyes:

You can get the Complete Edition for Rs.1000/- I believe (that's how much I paid for my retail copy) . It has all the DLC + extra cases.

abhidev

Human Spambot
I liked the game...though its slow paced...but the gameplay is fun...as in interrogating the suspects which in turn unfolds the story ahead...its difficult though. Also its mixed up with following the suspects, collecting clues, investigating places, solving puzzles...all in all a very good game, a must play indeed.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
You can get the Complete Edition for Rs.1000/- I believe (that's how much I paid for my retail copy) . It has all the DLC + extra cases.

Buy L.A. Noire (The Complete Edition) - PC online, L.A. Noire (The Complete Edition) - PC Price, Reviews @ Indiatimes Shopping

check this out

rchi84

In the zone
The best thing you can say about l.a. Noire is that there is no game like it out there. Very different.

However, for gamers used to running from point to point, it might become long and boring.

I found it intriguing and challenging, especially when I tried for five stars in all cases.

Top Bottom