Is 'Jai Ho' AR Rehman's best song?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Just came across this article in Rediff.

*movies.rediff.com/report/2010/jun/15/is-jai-ho-a-r-rahmans-best-song.htm

I personally do not think 'Jai Ho' is the best composed by him. My personal favourite is 'Dil hai chota sa' from 'Roja' with 'Yeh Haseen Vadiyan' from the same film a close 2nd.

You can find a list of all of his songs for which he was music director here.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.R._Rehman#Filmography

What is your favourite AR Rehman composition?

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
+1, I agree with you. That song 'Jai Ho' is just called the best because it has internation recognization. IMO, its a hopless song, I don't like it.
Roja songs are much much better than that Jai Ho.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
+1 for Roja songs.. Especially love "Dil hai chota sa" and "Roja".. I can even go on to say that "Jai ho" is probably the crappiest song composed by Rehman.

No its not. All his Tamilz Classics are the best. If you dont know what I mean, listen to Thirudda Thirudda and Star. (screw the language barrier, music is universal) He hasnt done a single album like that in Bollywood, and I dont think he ever will.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Jai Ho must be one of the worst he have ever composed...Dont like it all

Really Roja and Dil Se were much much better

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Yeah. Born, brought up in Bombay. From Madurai at heart ;)

^^ You like Madurai. Finally, i found someone who like Madurai.

BTW
I like songs from Bombay,Roja,and Thiruda Thiruda and Sakkarakatti. They are example for his awesomeness. But 'Jai Ho' is nothing but a crap where everyone is screaming at high-pitch.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
To me Songs from "Dil Se" are his best work. Specially mentioning "Satrangi Re", its a challenge for any singer.

I liked that song too. But i mentioned a few only. :D BTW Since it got the International recognition only its getting rewarded. Otherwise no one give a damn to that sone Jai Ho...

Baker

Albicelestes
u guys forget about taal........... what an awesome music compostion..especially "nahi samne"

To me Songs from "Dil Se" are his best work. Specially mentioning "Satrangi Re", its a challenge for any singer.

Rahman's Tamilz classics >>>> anything he as ever done in Bollywood.

^^ You like Madurai. Finally, i found someone who like Madurai.

BTW
I like songs from Bombay,Roja,and Thiruda Thiruda and Sakkarakatti. They are example for his awesomeness. But 'Jai Ho' is nothing but a crap where everyone is screaming at high-pitch.

I've been there just once. That too 10yrs ago. Now that I'm in Bombay, I hardly ever think of my roots. Though the remedial "thayir chaadum" with "oorga" or "mor mollagaa" is always in my diet :D

TBF, although Jai Ho is crap, Rahman deserved the Oscar "solely" for the kind of quality he had put into music for 2 decades.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Rahman's Tamilz classics >>>> anything he as ever done in Bollywood.

I've been there just once. That too 10yrs ago. Now that I'm in Bombay, I hardly ever think of my roots. Though the remedial "thayir chaadum" with "oorga" or "mor mollagaa" is always in my diet :D

TBF, although Jai Ho is crap, Rahman deserved the Oscar "solely" for the kind of quality he had put into music for 2 decades.
Yeah same with me. Born and brought up in Pune, but originally from Tamilnadu :D

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
<tamil-hijack>
nice to find couple more tamilians here...
me born in chennai, but lived in bombay my entire life. roots in thirunelveli, and well you can get to thirunelveli only thru madurai... so been to madurai 10s of times.

@crab - dude hope you can show up in next TDF meet!
</tamil-hijack>

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
<tamil-hijack>
me born in chennai, but lived in bombay my entire life. roots in thirunelveli, and well you can get to thirunelveli only thru madurai... so been to madurai 10s of times.

</tamil-hijack>

@off-topic
Lots of Tamilians here.. :D Happy to know that

BTW Madurai is the best city in TamilNadu, IMO.(Currently i got stuck in Chennai :x)

@on-topic

@The Unknown
I knew it was your dialog. I was just tried to make it clear again, thats it. :smile:

If we started to list his best songs, the list will goes on like a TV serials. We're just saying that Jai Ho not worth the fame that it has. Simply.

<tamil-hijack>

</tamil-hijack>
[tamilz]
Me too from Thirunelvelli, though for the sake of peers, refer to town as Madurai
"arre tera gaon kahaan hai?"
"thirunelveli"
"kya?"
"madurai ke paas"
"kya?"
"theek hai bh***d, Chennai. Khush?"
"arre, tu madrasi hai!"
"fml" :|

It's happened countless times. Anyways, been there just once, 10yrs ago. So dont remember. :D

About the next meet, paakalaam. Ippo college admissions aagatum. CET score chonennaa manum paidhum. AIEEE quota FTW :p
[/tamilz]

A R Rahman is not the same as he was :( or maybe metal has changed my train of thought.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
[tamilz]
Me too from Thirunelvelli, though for the sake of peers, refer to town as Madurai
"arre tera gaon kahaan hai?"
"thirunelveli"
"kya?"
"madurai ke paas"
"kya?"
"theek hai bh***d, Chennai. Khush?"
"arre, tu madrasi hai!"
"fml" :|

It's happened countless times. Anyways, been there just once, 10yrs ago. So dont remember. :D
same here. but its natural, i too dont know all the towns and villages of jharkhand, and make the same mistake with the locals.:oops:

About the next meet, paakalaam. Ippo college admissions aagatum.
[/tamilz]
okay, if u say so, but still u will only get busier once college starts, plus we are asking only for half a day of urs. :p

Top Bottom