Is it worth taking Dell Service: Hardware Maintenance Accidental Damage Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack1983

Broken In
Guys,

I'm planning to buy DELL STUDIO 15 was checking there website and came through this customization option for Dell Service: Hardware Maintenance :-
1) 3 Years Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection [add Rs.8,509.64].
2) 2 Years Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection [add Rs.4,045.80].

Need your suggestions, is it really worth choosing any of the additional Warranty options other than Dell's default Service option:?: as if i choose additional Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection it increases total cost too much.

OP
M

mack1983

Broken In
Re: Is it worth taking Dell Service: Hardware Maintenance Accidental Damage Protectio

Digitians,

need some suggestions..........

k4ce

Youngling
Re: Is it worth taking Dell Service: Hardware Maintenance Accidental Damage Protectio

Hmmm ... Should be your call really ... Do you really wish to hang on to your laptop for 3 years ... Then maybe you should ...

But i'm sure it will not include battery replacement ... So personally, I wouldn't go for it ...

sujoyp

Grand Master

I really think its very useful coz the laptop parts cost just too much....if u end up even damaging ur speakers it will cost more then 1-1.5k
Screen will cost more then 5k
Laptops r just too delicate...Soo be on a safer side:)

invisiblebond

Journeyman

If you travel a lot with your lappy then its OK, please read terms & condition " Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection "

reddick

Mobile Freak

It really worth taking complete cover for lappy.
I had opt for 1 yr. cover for Rs.900 (approx.)
It protects frm accidental mishappenings along with ordinary warranty.
Moreover gives peace of mind :)

If not the accidental damage warranty, at least go for 3 years extended warranty.
I had got a lenovo R61 from college and within the first year the speaker,power adapter and motherboard had been changed. The DVD writer was also changes last week. I was lucky that as the college had purchased in large quantities, all the laptops got 3 year warranties else I would have had to pay for some of the repairs

OP
M

mack1983

Broken In

I will be going with the three year complete coverage as i get peace of mind by paying 8k.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

PraKs

Youngling

Go with three year complete coverage rather then 1 year.

three year complete coverage is best VFM

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight

yeah its better to go with 3 years extended warranty... peace of mind...

sujoyp

Grand Master

I will be going with the three year complete coverage as i get peace of mind by paying 8k.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

Good decision...have peace:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom