Is it wise to upgrade my pc now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesh

naughty boy :) :)
My current pc config is in my siggy. i have a budget of max 15k. What the components i need to upgrade? i use this pc for gaming as well as for downloading (min 12 hrs in mon - fri and 24 hrs in sat & sun). I usually play fifa 2009, COD 4 , Burn Out Paradise. Plz suggest me the components. Or shall i wait for 2-3 months? Please advise.
PS: I don't intend to overclock.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
X2 250: 4k-4.5k
Gigabyte 780G based board: 4.5k
Palit HD4850 : 6.5k-7k

This should be enough.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
try to increase budget and get Phenom II X2 550. This is AM3 processor and upgrading mobo after a year or two will be painless as AM2+ processors won't work on AM3 board.

There is one more way.

Give me the exact model number of your board. If it is Socket AM2 or AM2+, AM3 processor will work on it. In that case, Just upgrade processor to Phenom II X2 550 and GPU to GTX260 (total 15k). When DDR3 goes dead cheap and AM3 boards available inside 5k happens, upgrade mobo and RAM.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Phenom II X2 550
790G mobo
ATI HD4850

Somewhat over ur budget but if u wanna upgrade, then upgrade to this. Else u can also upgrade just GPU for now.

OP
mahesh

mahesh

naughty boy :) :)
^^^ thanx. I really dont know the exact model number of the board !!!
I think that all the components u mentioned will take more power during idle time??? wat to do?

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Here is the power consumption chart of this processor compared to some other processors. I think it consumes less power compared to other processors, check out urself.

BTW, again saying, urs is a nice rig, u can also just upgrade the GPU now and can upgrade processor and mobo later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom